Legends game - thanks Louis!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GS
Super User
Super User

Re: Legends game - thanks Louis!

Post by GS »

Great game, quick hands, hard hits and tough scrumaging. So much for the ABC bar so we tried the Mark instead. But seriously, a great time and so many (if not all) of the great past players.

Well done and thanks.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Fantastic fun that. Everything a match like this should be. Well done to all involved. By the way, can we have Peter and Jim running the lines every week?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I couldn't make it due to pre arranged commitments but it makes me very proud that we could attract the biggest crowd of the weekend for what was effectively a charity game. Bigger than Gloucester vs Sarries. That's pretty impressive and shows the fantastic support our fantastic club has.
Tiggger

Post by Tiggger »

Brilliant fun, played with great spirit.

Who were the numbers 12 and 30 playing for Hambo's team?

Haven't laughed so much at Welford Road for a long, long time, thanks guys for a grat afternoon guys!
Johnno is God!!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

sapajo wrote:Could have swore blind that I saw Tana Umagaga with his trade mark hairstyle score a try but thought I was mistaken as did not see him listed on the team sheets. Thrilled to discover that indeed it was him as stated on the Tigers event report. A real bonus :smt023
It was Mike Umaga, not Tana, playing yesterday. Following my email on this matter to Andy Mann earlier, the match report has been amended.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BJ. wrote:
sapajo wrote:Could have swore blind that I saw Tana Umagaga with his trade mark hairstyle score a try but thought I was mistaken as did not see him listed on the team sheets. Thrilled to discover that indeed it was him as stated on the Tigers event report. A real bonus :smt023
It was Mike Umaga, not Tana, playing yesterday. Following my email on this matter to Andy Mann earlier, the match report has been amended.

Thank you BJ for this correction, I was dreaming it after all :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Legends game - great day

Post by APJones »

I enjoyed the game immensely - everything was right - teams, weather, crowd etc
I would have liked to have seen Austin Healey, Ben Kay Cockers and Laurence Dayglo involved but understand they were otherwise engaged.(or recovering )

Great to be able to 'invade' the pitch afterwards and talk to, obtain autographs and photographs see here flic.kr/s/aHsjENdfZD
Although Hambos alternative legends won everybody was a winner on sunday Biggest crowd at a Prem game over the weekend too, what an acheivement by the Tigers family :smt026
Only one downside The programmes sold out - I even went back outside WR to see if the vendors were still there HAS ANYBODY GOT SPARE ONE PLEASE
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Legends game - great day

Post by Cliffeclimber »

What an enjoyable game! Congratulations to the players of both sides for not only putting themselves through such a grueling 80+ minutes, but for really throwing themselves into it wholeheartedly. Some of those tackles and runs were as good as we see in the Prem games! I'm sure that there must be a lot of aching bodies around today.

The quality of the ball handling and running lines just shows once again that class is permanent. It was a privilege to see so many great players giving their all.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but even Spreadbury seemed to have the right touch on the day - especially with his handling of Jim Hamilton as assistant ref!

There was just such a warm atmosphere all round the ground, it makes me proud to be a Tigers fan.
Val T

Post by Val T »

Totally agree, what an excellent afternoon.

Best bit for me was Mr Spreadbury going to the "TMO" after a try - checked the photographers viewfinder!

Linesmen having to be advised where the ball went out by the CAT stand crowd, at least they listened which is more than can be said of the normal match day guys!!!!!!

It all just added to a wonderful atmosphere.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I'm sorry but why start a new thread today when this one has been going since last night?

Please may I refer you to the fourth post on the 'Rules of the Forum, FAQ and other information' sticky thread?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

[quote="BJ."]I'm sorry but why start a new thread today when this one has been going since last night?quote]

That's OK BJ apology accepted !

I did look to see if there was already a thread and was surprised not to find one.
I have no objection to the threads being amalgamated but would like to see Hambos name added to the thread title rather than single out Louis. Both or neither - it was a team effort methinks

some photos can be found here - flic.kr/s/aHsjENdfZD
Last edited by APJones on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
APJos and pit15
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Great to be able to 'invade' the pitch afterwards and talk to, obtain autographs and photographs see here flic.kr/s/aHsjENdfZD
Although Hambos alternative legends won, everybody was a winner on Sunday. Biggest crowd at a Prem game over the weekend too, what an acheivement by the Tigers family

Only one downside The programmes sold out - I even went back outside WR to see if the vendors were still there to no avail HAS ANYBODY GOT SPARE ONE PLEASE
APJos and pit15
GwrxTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by GwrxTiger »

What a great match, the attendance and atmosphere were both a tribute to the fans and the club. Glad that events like this can still happen after all these years of professionalism. Was sad not to be able to get a programme or a shirt as a souvenir tho, got caught in a massive queue to get through the turnstiles on the way in and then had to rush for my bus after and couldnt search the ground properly, does anyone know if there is there any chance of still obtaining either?
MPG

Post by MPG »

My fav moment was when Spreaders awarded a scrum 5m from the International's try line and indicated it was in favour of the Internationals - Cozza got up and as he walked past grabbed hold of his arm and turned him round so the arm was in Tigers favour. Spreaders unfortunately didn't oblige - but did have a smile on his face!
leic

Post by leic »

Can someone tell me the teams. Have been looking to find the full squads.