Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

6N 2015

Post by seaweed »

Opening game Wales v England Friday 6/2/2015 KO 20:05

Sorry but what 'D*ckheads' have planned that one ?
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: 6N 2015

Post by BJ. »

Here's the complete 2014 & 2015 6 Nations fixtures.

Sat 01 Feb: Wales v Italy (14.30), France v England (17.00)
Sun 02 Feb: Ireland v Scotland (15.00)

Sat 08 Feb: Ireland v Wales (14.30), Scotland v England (17.00)
Sun 09 Feb: France v Italy (15.00)

Fri 21 Feb: Wales v France (20.00)
Sat 22 Feb: Italy v Scotland (13.30), England v Ireland (16.00)

Sat 08 Mar: Ireland v Italy (14.30), Scotland v France (17.00)
Sun 09 Mar: England v Wales (15.00)

Sat 15 Mar: Italy v England (12.30), Wales v Scotland (14.45), France v Ireland (17.00)

Fri 06 Feb: Wales v England (20.05)
Sat 07 Feb: Italy v Ireland (14.30), France v Scotland (17.00)

Sat 14 Feb: England v Italy (14.30), Ireland v France (17.00)
Sun 15 Feb: Scotland v Wales (15.00)

Sat 28 Feb: Scotland v Italy (14.30), France v Wales (17.00)
Sun 01 Mar: Ireland v England (15.00)

Sat 14 Mar: Wales v Ireland (14.30), England v Scotland (17.00)
Sun 15 Mar: Italy v France (15.00)

Sat 21 Mar: Italy v Wales (12.30), Scotland v Ireland (14.30), England v France (17.00)

The kick off times are UK times.

Information courtesy of the 6 Nations website.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Thanks for taking the more measured approach and posting all fixtures. We all moan as fans from time to time about game times but 20:05 on a friday night shows no consideration for travelling fans, from both nations, at all.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

seaweed wrote:Thanks for taking the more measured approach and posting all fixtures. We all moan as fans from time to time about game times but 20:05 on a friday night shows no consideration for travelling fans, from both nations, at all.
True, but more than 99% of fans will be watching on TV anyway! It's only a tiny proportion that are at the game, and its only a certain proportion of those that will be inconvenienced!

Plus you would hope that a two year warning would let people plan ahead a little bit!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Cardiff Tig wrote:Plus you would hope that a two year warning would let people plan ahead a little bit!!
It might be a two-year warning but it doesn't mean, for example, there will be better train times in and out of Cardiff on that night. If the match was being played this coming Friday, the last train to Birmingham is at 21.50 (approx. 5 mins after the final whistle would blow) and the last towards London would be 20 minutes earlier!

Looking at it from an English supporter's angle, Friday night matches in Cardiff are only of any use if you intend to either drive or stay over. You can guarantee the hotel prices will sky rocket for that weekend and most likely insist on at least a 2-night stop.

I don't know which group of Richard heads came up with this idea but they all want shooting.
31djf

Post by 31djf »

I was under the impression that the decision was taken after the last Wales v England match on a Friday that there would be no more? Money talks or am I misinformed?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BJ. wrote:
Cardiff Tig wrote:Plus you would hope that a two year warning would let people plan ahead a little bit!!
It might be a two-year warning but it doesn't mean, for example, there will be better train times in and out of Cardiff on that night. If the match was being played this coming Friday, the last train to Birmingham is at 21.50 (approx. 5 mins after the final whistle would blow) and the last towards London would be 20 minutes earlier!

Looking at it from an English supporter's angle, Friday night matches in Cardiff are only of any use if you intend to either drive or stay over. You can guarantee the hotel prices will sky rocket for that weekend and most likely insist on at least a 2-night stop.

I have been to business meetings on the Friday/Saturday of (not England) 6N in Cardiff - hotels are available in Brecon if you're lucky. Last time England were there legend has it hotels in the West Country were price hiking!

Driving down on the day you WILL be speed-checked coming from England.

I don't know which group of Richard heads came up with this idea but they all want shooting.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Talked about this before but now the dates have been announced: Italy v England 15 March 2014.

I understand details and bookings for packages and tickets are being released imminently, any thoughts or comments on Bellarome or Gullivers or any other recommendations?

Thanks.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

h's dad wrote:I understand details and bookings for packages and tickets are being released imminently, any thoughts or comments on Bellarome or Gullivers or any other recommendations?
In 2012, I booked our flights and accommodation myself and got the tickets through ticketbooth.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It seems that friday nights are becoming more popular with those who organise these things. Seems Worcester are looking at doing it for some of their home games too.
I do recall Tigers used to do it for some of the old merit table games against the like of Rugby and Nuneaton,think they did for the RAF game as well. I think the idea was to give the players a weekend free.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BJ. wrote:
h's dad wrote:I understand details and bookings for packages and tickets are being released imminently, any thoughts or comments on Bellarome or Gullivers or any other recommendations?
In 2012, I booked our flights and accommodation myself and got the tickets through ticketbooth.
Thanks BJ. ticketbooth are taking orders now for tickets £90-£200. Bellarome say they'll be putting their offer out shortly but are indicating prices of £50-£140. I know I'm tight but I'm also slightly worried that I'll hold out for the best prices and wind up with nothing.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

h's dad wrote:Thanks BJ. ticketbooth are taking orders now for tickets £90-£200. Bellarome say they'll be putting their offer out shortly but are indicating prices of £50-£140. I know I'm tight but I'm also slightly worried that I'll hold out for the best prices and wind up with nothing.
No worries, mate. I found ticketbooth were OK and please give my regards to Carla. :smt023
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

The Friday nights are a stupid and greedy idea. Welsh fans will struggle to find public transport that will get them home to the Valleys and Newport. Further afield will be tricky. Last Heineken final at Cardiff the Travelodge in the centre charged £200 for a room which in the weekdays is often less than £20.
There just aren't enough hotels in Cardiff. The WRFU obviously doesn't care about the 80,000 paying fans who will turn up. Cardiff council are a dumb lot too.imho
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

There will easily be 80,000 who will happily watch it on the Friday night though, the match will definitely sell out! As I said earlier, international matches are more about the TV audience than the lucky few who can get tickets for the game.

It's not as if people have paid for a season ticket and the kick off has been moved to a Friday night, fans have a two year warning!

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about people moaning, I won't be getting a ticket either!
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

h's dad wrote:Talked about this before but now the dates have been announced: Italy v England 15 March 2014.

I understand details and bookings for packages and tickets are being released imminently, any thoughts or comments on Bellarome or Gullivers or any other recommendations?

Thanks.
Doesn't matter who you go with - be there! It's a great weekend in a wonderful city (even if it is snowing!) :smt043