Semi Final Tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Semi Final Tickets

Post by RugbyTiger »

When will those of us who do not have season tickets be able to buy semi final tickets ?
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Semi Final Tickets

Post by BJ. »

I'm sorry if I sound like a cracked record but you really would do better by contacting the ticket office direct rather than hoping some forum user with the correct information happens to read this thread.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

The reason I asked is because we are asssuming that they are already available to those that have season tickets. Am I right or not ?
Carole

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RugbyTiger wrote:The reason I asked is because we are asssuming that they are already available to those that have season tickets. Am I right or not ?
Spoke to the ticket office today they told me that when :smt002 we secure the home semi the full details of the ticketing will be posted on this web site and hence they are not currently on sale to anyone. Makes perfect sense :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

It still frustrates me that as a Season Ticket holder we have to pay for the semi-final tickets! They should be included as a bonus in the price of the Season Ticket.
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Northenlad wrote:It still frustrates me that as a Season Ticket holder we have to pay for the semi-final tickets! They should be included as a bonus in the price of the Season Ticket.
Agreed! Season Ticket holders benefits have been dismantled over recent seasons we do not get free tickets for friends and family, we do not get reduced ticket prices for friends and family and we even do not get an invite to watch the squad train anymore ! We do not get a big screen but by and large we do get to watch some superb exciting rugby. Its hard times but our season tickets are always No1 on the must have list :smt023
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

Thanks sapajo for that information. I am hoping that we will get tickets for the game but not being season ticket holders we may struggle :smt009
Carole

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RugbyTiger wrote:Thanks sapajo for that information. I am hoping that we will get tickets for the game but not being season ticket holders we may struggle :smt009
Hope you will be successful :smt023
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

Thanks again sapajo, so do I. I would hate to miss the game, i have never been to a semi final
Carole

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I wouldn't panic Rugbytiger, the GP SF doesn't usually sell-out. Last three seasons are as follows against a WR capacity of 24000:

2011/12 20173 against Saracens
2010/11 20137 against Saints
2009/10 21575 against Bath

It usually doesn't sell-out because it is confirmed relatively late and many people may already be committed for the date.
Always a Tiger
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I like the optimism of this post... but we haven't actually secured a home semi-final yet and fans are already impatient to want to know details! Give the club a fair chance...

The other point to note is that the SF's are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, so the club will have to wait until SKY schedule the games before they know...

Very interesting point by Bluntiger re: the non-sold-out SF's of recent years. I'm not quite sure what that says... we all know the weekend of the SF's well in advance and Tigers usually get a home semi. I know a lot of fans who still 'protest' at the playoff system to determine champions but I can't imagine that has such a big impact anymore...

As for SF matches being included in the season-ticket price... I don't have a season-ticket but attend all the games I want to as (a) it is cheaper for me and (b) it is easy to get tickets. Not wanting to court controversy on the forum, but I think the club have this right. The home SF is never a guaranteed game so I agree with the club's stance on not including this in the season-ticket price... although I suppose it would be a great gesture if they did and persuade more to by ST's...
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

MrPartridge wrote:The home SF is never a guaranteed game so I agree with the club's stance on not including this in the season-ticket price... although I suppose it would be a great gesture if they did and persuade more to buy ST's...
Actually, I do not think that more people would buy season tickets if this game was "included" - indeed, some would just moan that they have paid for a match that they may not get to see :smt016
Plus the club would potentially lose out on around £400k (14,000 ST holders @ an average ticket cost of £30) if they gave the tickets away - that's one heck of a gesture !!
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

The club should sell tickets for the semi to ST holders as soon as it is confirmed Tigrs have a home semi, irrespective of who they are playing against.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

To re-iterate to a few that don't seem to be getting the message...

As the table stands we are not assured of a home semi-final as either Quins or Saints can still overhaul us for second place! If results go in our favour this weekend then I agree we will know that we have a home-semi.

However, I have sympathy for the club on this one... even if we are assured a home semi after the Bath game, Sky will want to determine who plays on Saturday or Sunday... so until that decision is made then I don't see that Tigers can do much. Surely people are making a problem here when one doesn't exist. We all know the dates of the home SF's and have done since the start of the season and this post shows that in recent years our home SF's haven't sold out...

If 'fans' can't be bothered to buy a ticket in the week before the SF that is their problem not the clubs IMHO!
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

MrPartridge wrote: If 'fans' can't be bothered to buy a ticket in the week before the SF that is their problem not the clubs IMHO!
Yes of course fans will make every effort to attend and home semi is not yet quite a done deal. But if we secure a home semi this weekend will the TV bosses agree on Monday whether Sarries play Sat and we play Sunday or vice versa.

I suspect they will wait until one week before hand when opponents are confirmed.. and yet again fans are bottom of the pile... and we have to hold the whole weekend open until Stuart Barnes et al (maybe ESPN have first call) tell us where we need to be that weekend.

Incidentally Sarries are already selling tickets - with a refund clause if you can't make the date chosen by TV.