New Kit design - unveiled today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

New Kit design - unveiled today

Post by Tyzot »

Sorry I know this has been mentioned as part of the England thread, but to attract a response I think it deserves its own.

Has any one seen it yet?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Kit design - unveiled today

Post by TigerLad »

Does anyone know when the club releases official pictures of the new kit?
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Apparently not, I'm sure they will appear some where
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

The relevant information has been here in the news section for the past eight days.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Sorry BJ, but the relevant information would be what it looked like.

I was hoping that someone who attended could describe it or post a picture.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I see. My guess would be nobody was allowed to take any unofficial photographs yesterday and are under threat of a severe shoeing by all the fat lads if they leak any information about the new strip before its official release.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Please let it have a degree of tradition not the usual Canterbury rubbish.
I see the current kit is for sale offering 2 for the price of 1 now, I wouldn't wear it if it was free!

I know some like the new strip but I think the vast majority don't and I think this is the first time Tigers have changed their kit after one season, so obviously sales must be down, it's usually commercial reality that drives these decisions...
Soggypitch
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I think that whether you like the kit or not is always a personal choice and every new kit takes a while to get used to. But I still dislike the current kit as much as when I first saw it and its the first home shirt for a very long time that I haven't purchased.

Like Soggypitch I wouldn't wear it if you gave it to me. I like my Tigers shirts to also be leisure wear - I see very few of these being worn away from WR and many of the older designs
arickett

Post by arickett »

Think you will find that now the new kit deal has been done we we get all new kit every year

To maximise kit maker profit
arickett

Post by arickett »

Think you will find that now the new kit deal has been done we we get all new kit every year

To maximise kit maker profit
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Having a new kit each season is a wendy ball import we could all do without.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

It's nice to know that I can get a replacement should my shirt wear out in the next few years.

It's a bit surprising that some people need a new one every year. Perhaps they use a very aggressive washing machine.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

sapajo wrote:Having a new kit each season is a wendy ball import we could all do without.
Quite right, but I don't think we'll see this happening at WR.

When Canterbury took over kit supply, they changed all 3 strips at the same time. In order for the usual staggered change, with a new home kit one year and a new reserve/away kit the next, one of them was always going to last just 1 year. The home kit will usually be the one that sells most, with an inevitable peak in sales when a new one comes out. Add to this the fact that the current version has been so unpopular and it's obvious that the home shirt will be the one that gets changed this year. It's all in keeping with usual practise, and we should expect the new version to last 2 years.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

I believe both home and away are being replaced are they not? The only one staying is the European, wouldn't of thought that the European would be used as the away, don't think that will happen due to the need for a light and dark kit as per league requests, or am I remembering things wrong
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Sadly, living in the age that we do, I suspect the new home/alternate shirt every other season is a thing of the past. With the withdrawal of Cotton Traders, and the value of the contract to the club, we were always going to get a mainstream manufacturer. With Canterbury now firmly "mainstream" since its takeover, I expect we'll see new home/alternate kits each year.

As for the new kit, IIRC, last year it was unveiled the week before it was first worn (in the semi v Saracens), too allow people to purchase it before that game. If I was a betting man it'll be unveiled/on sale on 25/26th or 29th April.