New Kit design - unveiled today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Kit design - unveiled today

Post by Grimlish »

Dontya just love the way 'merchandising works'?

When as a ST holder you sign in to the club shop site the current 10% discount available to everyone suddenly becomes your ST discount. In other words you dont get a further 10% off. So I have no advantage in store from my ST status. Hmmm. I suppose its not totally unexpected but it still doesnt seem right to me.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Grimlish wrote:Dontya just love the way 'merchandising works'?

When as a ST holder you sign in to the club shop site the current 10% discount available to everyone suddenly becomes your ST discount. In other words you dont get a further 10% off. So I have no advantage in store from my ST status. Hmmm. I suppose its not totally unexpected but it still doesnt seem right to me.
Just another raspberry from the club to its season ticket holders :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tommo

Post by tommo »

Just purchased one of your new home shirts as a present for a friend, and I've got to say....it's a minger.

Would even know it's a Tigers shirt (or even a rugby short) from the back!
Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In!
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Apart from all the likes and dislikes with varying degrees of enthusiasm and vitriol above (by the way I think the new shirt is super), some advice for purchasers of the Classic/collared version.

Washing according to the instructions works fine (I didn't wash separately first but there was no hint of a run at 40ºC). However, when ironing the green of the main part of the shirt stuck to the iron at the normal setting for a 60/40 cotton/polyester mix which the shirt is. Had to iron it at the coolest steam setting (once I'd cleaned the iron plate, of course).
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

DickyP wrote:Apart from all the likes and dislikes with varying degrees of enthusiasm and vitriol above (by the way I think the new shirt is super), some advice for purchasers of the Classic/collared version.

Washing according to the instructions works fine (I didn't wash separately first but there was no hint of a run at 40ºC). However, when ironing the green of the main part of the shirt stuck to the iron at the normal setting for a 60/40 cotton/polyester mix which the shirt is. Had to iron it at the coolest steam setting (once I'd cleaned the iron plate, of course).
I know I don't know much about rugby but I didn't understand any of that.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

h's dad wrote:
DickyP wrote:Apart from all the likes and dislikes with varying degrees of enthusiasm and vitriol above (by the way I think the new shirt is super), some advice for purchasers of the Classic/collared version.

I know I don't know much about rugby but I didn't understand any of that.
.................... :smt005
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
rjm67

Post by rjm67 »

Does anybody happen to know if they are going to do a traditional 'cotton' version of the new shirt?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

rjm67 wrote:Does anybody happen to know if they are going to do a traditional 'cotton' version of the new shirt?
I'd be surprised if they did. I think this is the nearest you'll get.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I did see what looked like a cotten version on a young lady at twickers on saturday , she was wearing a mini skirt too. :smt002

Personally I think that canterbury have listened to the numerous complaints about last seasons shirt being too flash and to teach us a lesson has gone completely the other way and given us a plain shirt with the minimal pattern of 3 thin stripes at the front.

Something in between would have been better (a few more or bigger hoops right around the shirt for instance.
Who at the club agreed the design of either or both designs. Or was it somebody at the club that decided the plain shirt because of the complaints regarding last seasons design.
Either way I don't understand why such a plain shirt costs as much as last years flash one . :smt017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Having given it some thought I've realised what it looks like, and someone may well have said this on one of the 173 previous comments, I don't know, but it looks like a lot like a (fairly odd) cycling jersey. Apart from the fact that it's a fairly boring sludge-green, which I hate because: 1.The colour has been changed, can you imagine Munster playing in burgundy? 2.When you look at a stand of sludge-green with black stripes, it it looks very dull.