New Kit design - unveiled today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit design - unveiled today

Post by Darc Tiger »

From what I saw of the fleeting 'trylights' on ESPN, the new shirt looks quite nice on the players to me.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote:From what I saw of the fleeting 'trylights' on ESPN, the new shirt looks quite nice on the players to me.
despite me saying I didn't like it etc, it did look good on the players and grew on me as the game went on.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

£55 is a lot for a t-shirt :smt002
St John Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by St John Tiger »

Not good, really needed something much better after the last one. Looks like a London Irish cast off(as mentioned previously.)Pleased I bought a few of the last Cotton shirts. Little thought has gone into the design, better to go back to a classic Tigers shirt.These will not sell well and will be heavily discounted by Christmas.
SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SuperEagle »

I think it's a big step up from the previous one.
The last kit I bought was a Bradstone one, so I'm due another - I'll probably get this one
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I think it is time my Tetley bitter shirt came out. It looks so colourful in the late May sunshine :smt031
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

With the shirt being a solid block of green with single thin hoops, all that jumped out at me on first viewing was the sponsors' name in white across the front although I suppose that is the plan. However, Mrs Beej did mention the players' names are now easier to read.

I'm still not buying one though.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

I have bought one. passes my - could I wear it down the pub - test.

The pro (size L) is a big snug compared with the others I have owned - so be warned if you order on line.

Does seem that the designers (for want of a better description) have reacted strongly to the feedback and possibly lower than expected sales by going from very adventurous to very safe.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

It's a very acceptable shirt, although overpriced and I would have no issues with wearing it as general leisure wear; last years was probable fesrivalwear for the physically lithe.

It's not really a Tigers shirt.

Yesterday's match looked like one between a team dressed as Irish and one as the barbarians (I think they have used grey and white hoops). Sadly Irish were not the side looking like Irish.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Looked a lot better in real life than on the various photos. I may yet be tempted when the classic is available (the girl in the shop said she didn't know when)
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

St John Tiger wrote:Not good, really needed something much better after the last one. Looks like a London Irish cast off(as mentioned previously.)Pleased I bought a few of the last Cotton shirts. Little thought has gone into the design, better to go back to a classic Tigers shirt.These will not sell well and will be heavily discounted by Christmas.
The problem is that if they do a "classic" tigers design, then a lot of people will see it as similar enough to a previous one not to bother. They go for something unique each time to appeal to those who will buy it regardless - just as the "sainted" Cotton Traders did between (about) 2001 and 2009.

Far better than the 2003-2005 and 2007-2009 shirts IMHO.
I may yet be tempted when the classic is available (the girl in the shop said she didn't know when)
It's available from the Canterbury website. Nice to see they've omitted the Caterpillar logo - the printing on the classic shirt last year, as opposed to the sublimination in the pro/test (albeit obviously impossible on a cotton shirt), and embroidery on the old CT shirts, was a real let down.

Sadly this year's classic is again a 60% polyester/40% cotton offering, which is a downside to Canterbury shirts, as it'll bobble and wear worse than the older cotton shirts.
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Sun May 05, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Without the CAT logo, it is just an item of clothing, and indeed is in Canterbury's fashion range.

I want a proper replica shirt to show people which team I support! The more straightforward design was supposed to be able to be reproduced on a cotton shirt, and it is very disappointing that this has not happened, after Kitbag said it would!

:smt013
Valhalla I am coming!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

fleabane wrote:Without the CAT logo, it is just an item of clothing, and indeed is in Canterbury's fashion range.

I want a proper replica shirt to show people which team I support! The more straightforward design was supposed to be able to be reproduced on a cotton shirt, and it is very disappointing that this has not happened, after Kitbag said it would!

:smt013
Yeah, but with the quality of last years and it's printing, within 18 months the shirt would look the same anyway! :smt002 :smt003
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I think the current one is innovative and very differet. I would like to think that sums up Tigers.
The new one is plain, boring and certainly does not differentiate from the normal rugby shirts. I hope this does not any new approach that Tigers maybe thinking of with imminent coaching changes!
Seeing these new ones pushed me to try and buy the one we have played in this season but none on sale so no monet for Kitbag from me!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

bc wrote:Seeing these new ones pushed me to try and buy the one we have played in this season but none on sale so no monet (sic) for Kitbag from me!
Try here.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.