Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Awards 2012/2013

Post by tigerburnie »

Salvi
Tuilagi
Thompstone
Ayerza
Based on their performances this season and what I perceive as being the ones we could do least without.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Not going to say who i will be choosing but think the outstanding service will have people divided.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Salvi

Tuilagi

Thompstone

The main difficult one is the outstanding service award, it depends on Deacon's future. If he retires after this season then he deserves it fully, if he doesn't then maybe Castro deserves it. Again this probably depends if his relationship with the club and Cockers has become sour. Ayerza deserves to win one and will but he has a good few years ahead of him so has plenty of time to win one. Deacon for me.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

For me it has to be

Salvi

Kitchener

Thompestone

Castro
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

If two deserving players leave the club in the same season I think it is perfectly acceptable to give two awards.The recognition is the important thing.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

TigerLad wrote:The main difficult one is the outstanding service award, it depends on Deacon's future. If he retires after this season then he deserves it fully, if he doesn't then maybe Castro deserves it. Again this probably depends if his relationship with the club and Cockers has become sour. Ayerza deserves to win one and will but he has a good few years ahead of him so has plenty of time to win one. Deacon for me.
Agree that this is probably the hardest and most contentious decision to be made. However, I don't see how any of the factors mentioned change the amount of service, in fact if Deacon goes another season that would only increase his service to the club. I understand that if he retires then he would go without one, but we may find that both Castro and Deacon leave at the end of the season and one of them won't be able to get the award, none of this would change the amount of service given to the club. If Ayerza's service has been more outstanding than the other candidates then he should get the award IMHO, ignorant of the various contract issues, as the award is for just that: service.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I read the "outstanding service award" as just that, for this season. I don't think it's a "long service " award therefore I thought Marcos' contribution this year is way above the other candidates.
Maybe there should be long term service award as well.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Salvi - seems universally acknowledged although tough on Parling and Cole since they have been away with England for so much of the season.

Tuilagi - no sentiment ala 'he's won it before' nonsense, he has contributed much more than any of the other candidates.

Thompstone - Only one candidate, Bowden and Goneva have simply not contributed enough for various reasons.

Castro - You could make sensible arguments for each candidate but purely on 'outstanding achievement', it has to be Castro. At times during his Tigers career, he has been world-class and possibly the best in his position in the world.
Always a Tiger
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

bluntiger wrote:Salvi - seems universally acknowledged although tough on Parling and Cole since they have been away with England for so much of the season.

Tuilagi - no sentiment ala 'he's won it before' nonsense, he has contributed much more than any of the other candidates.

Thompstone - Only one candidate, Bowden and Goneva have simply not contributed enough for various reasons.

Castro - You could make sensible arguments for each candidate but purely on 'outstanding achievement', it has to be Castro. At times during his Tigers career, he has been world-class and possibly the best in his position in the world.
Agree with these sentiments - Thompstone is a shoe in, the others require some debate, but I would be happy if this was the actual outcome.
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

For me it would be:-

Player of the Season
Julian Salvi

Young Player of the Season
Graham Kitchener

Newcomer of the Year
Adam Thompstone

Outstanding Service Award
Marcos Ayerza

Some easier choices some challenging ones
Pip
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

For me:

Salvi

Kitchener

Thompstone

Ayerza
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tom Youngs (Bearing in mind how far he has come this season)
Manu
Thompstone
Castro
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

Voting now open Link

I went for Salvi, Kitchener, Thompstone & Ayerza
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God