TV Next Year.................BT???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smileydaws

TV Next Year.................BT???

Post by smileydaws »

Hi, does anyone have any experience of BT Vision, only place to watch Rugby for the next four years!!! As far as i can tell you wont be able to view via Sky box.......

Not a happy fan, how is this deal in my best interest?

"This is a game-changing agreement and will deliver a service that I know our club supporters will enjoy," said Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive of Premiership Rugby, the umbrella organisation of the Aviva Premiership Rugby clubs.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: TV Next Year.................BT???

Post by tigerburnie »

There are two channels on sky, I think they are called "rowing", or something like that,they are going to be part of the BT package I believe, a bit like ESPN was, you just have to pay for it.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I think the channels are Sailing.

I have BT vision but as far as I know rugby will be pay to view.
curepulp1
Tiger Cub

Post by curepulp1 »

When i asked BT last week which package i would need to watch premiership rugby next season they told me they havent yet decided which channel(s) it will be shown on so they can't tell me.
smileydaws

Post by smileydaws »

So as a Sky customer, ill not be able to watch any Premiership Rugby next year.........unless i switch to an different, some would argue 'Inferior' product......not even on a pay per view basis

Well done Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive of Premiership Rugby, pillock! :smt038
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

I think you will be able to view on a dedicated SKY Channel, like ESPN if you subscribe. If BT don't then they will lose out on a massive (well significant) market that want to watch rugby without switching to BT.
Only my observations however, i hope this happens as i won't be switching from SKY but will obviously want to watch rugby.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

I think BT confirmed from the outset that the rugby and other sports they have rights to will be made available to Sky customers.

As mentioned I am sure it will be like ESPN now.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I currently have BT Vision through my internet/phone connection, and I get ESPN, and subscribe to Sky Sports 1 and 2. We don't have any fibre or superfast connection and it all works pretty well. Only real disadvantage is no HD.
I am not sure if BT has finalised it's packaging yet, but I would be surprised if, as now, some of the games are not 'farmed out' to other channels such as Sky.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

smileydaws wrote:So as a Sky customer, ill not be able to watch any Premiership Rugby next year.........unless i switch to an different, some would argue 'Inferior' product......not even on a pay per view basis

Well done Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive of Premiership Rugby, pillock! :smt038
It will be no different to having ESPN now. in fact it's even the same production company who do ESPN who will be doing the Rugby for BT.

You won't have to surrender Sky Sports unless you want to.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Got BT Vision but have yet to use it for anything other than freeview.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Much as it is easy to malign BT vision, I've been watching the rugby on Sky Sports 1, 2 and ESPN this year for the princely sum of £12.50/month.

Had I been watching via Sky, I would have had the privilege of Sky Sports 3&4 (which are generally S15 and Championship anyway), and ESPN Classic, but, with the basic monthly cost, it would have been about £43/month.

ATM, the current "new customer" sports package price with BT is £20/month, so if you're in it purely for sport, BT might not be too bad a deal. It'll be interesting to see the package they come up with.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Wish they would come up with packages for individual sports rather than one expensive package that includes wendy ball, snooker and many others that I have no interest at all in ever watching. Current model by Sky is like being forced to buy a complete outfit when all you want is a shirt!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

G.K wrote: Current model by Sky is like being forced to buy a complete outfit when all you want is a shirt!
Sky must be run by a woman then, my wife and daughter insist it is not possible to buy just one item,you HAVE to have the whole outfit...........
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

If you are Sky customer tune into channel 445 and 447. There you will find "Sailing"

Within 1 month BT will be running their adverts there on a 6 hour loop.

I think they will rename the channels in June after Football and Rugby seasons finish so as not to confuse Sky or ESPN offer.