TV Next Year.................BT???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: TV Next Year.................BT???

Post by tb1 »

dj_joem wrote:As far as I can see (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) the cheapest way for me to watch rugby (I can't afford murdochvision) is to swap from talktalk to bt broadband and buy a galaxy s3 hdtv adaptor and can view via the free app. I will end up paying approximately £30 per month for phone broadband and rugby? Does this sound as if it will work? If so this could be the way forward for me as i haven't been able to afford to watch 'live' rugby for years. Unfortunately I don't live in an area which can receive infinity so I can't do it that way.
I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. You could also pay £5 a month more to get a BT youview box on their cheapest TV deal which is quite a good deal and then not bother with the phone.
cc

Post by cc »

Looks interesting. Sadly being in Lincolnshire I won't be getting BT infinity until the 22nd century, so I'll be interested to see if I can still get my current SS1/2, ESPN AND the new BT Sport channels - the interest registration seemed to suggest I'd be unable to receive ESPN, which I currently do...[/quote]
I've just added BT Sport to my broadband package. i don't have infinity in our area and was told that the speeds i do get were enough. You need between 2 and 4Mbs I was told and get between 4 and 8
Rhino33
Tiger Cub

Post by Rhino33 »

So gutted that I just switched to Virgin a month ago and it's a 24 month deal. Get amazing download speed but not the rugby. If only I had seen the BT Deals first.

Will be looking at using Now TV daypass for some of the Lions games and Heineken Cup - on those days I don't go round to someone else's or the pub.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

As things stand BT aren't supporting sky multiroom which is a bit stupid of them if you ask me
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

Thanks tb1, I may consider that but as I understand you won't be able to watch 'live' through youview. Although I am happy to be proved wrong and cannit find anything on net to suggest bt sport will be live on youview or not.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I've been thinking about the multiroom problem I think if you get an apple TV box you should be able to "watch" the match on your PC/laptop/tablet and stream it to the TV that the apple TV box is plugged into. Not sure if you can do the same with other media streamers.

Not elegant I know but hopefully BT will relent on the multiroom if enough of us hassle them.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

dj_joem wrote:Thanks tb1, I may consider that but as I understand you won't be able to watch 'live' through youview. Although I am happy to be proved wrong and cannit find anything on net to suggest bt sport will be live on youview or not.
I presume that the sport channels will be available on the box, as it will run some custom BT software. I would be very interested to know if you have information otherwise. If you go through the process of ordering on the BT website there is no indication that they wont provide the channels live, and it would seem to be very strange business if they did not.

Edit: I have just been on the BT website and this page:
http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html
seems to confirm that live sport will be available on BT's youview boxes (although I dare say not youview boxes from other sources). Although it seems you must have the infinity broadband.
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

Unfortunately I am then back to square one as I can't get infinity due to location. When I get a minute I will go on live chat with a bt representative and post back.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

If you are trying to contact and get some sense out of BT then I'd set aside a wee bit more than a minute if I were you.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Just ring them on 0800 800 150 that is a free number from a bt line.
Ask them your questions & i'm sure you will get your answers. I always find them very helpful
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Will have to sit very still and see what transpires with Virgin. Left BT because they were pants, a couple of years ago.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I am curiousabout thi BT deal where you get the BT sport ie. rugby and then you get sky sports 1 and 2

The only things I am really bothered about is the rugby and the cricket(especially in Ashes year)

Is there any way to get this deal via sky? I like many others have never watched a premiership football game ever since I've had the thing which goes back as far as the 2005 Lions tour. and therefore have no requirement for sky 3 and 4 and resent paying all this money to the likes of Rooney and Terry
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

mightymouse wrote:Is there any way to get this deal via sky? I like many others have never watched a premiership football game ever since I've had the thing which goes back as far as the 2005 Lions tour. and therefore have no requirement for sky 3 and 4 and resent paying all this money to the likes of Rooney and Terry

yes, if you have/ get BT broadband you will get the BT channels free on your sky box (if you register before august you get HD free(should I be getting some sort of commision from BT for this?)). If you already have BT broadband you will still need to register for the sports channels althogh this will have no cost.

sorry maybe mis-read your post, i don't think you can mix and match- i.e. take sky sports 1 and 2 and sustitute BT sports instead of sky sports 3 and 4.- if that's what you mean.
if you don't want BT Broadband you can pay subscription for the BT sports channels 'a la' ESPN
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

No that sounds good beecause at least I won't be paying anymore I'll just bin orange as a broadband provider (althiogh I did get a really good deal with them
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

Ok for those who wish to know. For those who cannot receive BT Infinity due to location but have a decent broadband connection. The cheapest way to watch "live" Rugby is to sign up to BT Phone & Broadband and watch live via your phone/tablet and hook either one of those to your TV. Now I understand all the different options I shall be signing up to BT Broadband and Phone and download app onto my Samsung Galaxy S3 and purchase a Samsung HDTV Adapter to watch through my TV. I cannot watch via a youview box unless i have infinity. Hope this helps people