Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: TV Next Year.................BT???

Post by WhitecapTiger »

MarkyH wrote:
BJ. wrote:This topic has been under discussion here for the past month.
Here being this very same thread? Nice one...
New thread appears to have been merged into this older thread. :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Has anyone read the reviews for BT broadband? They are awful. If you fancy a free sports package but (supposedly) :censored: broadband then go ahead. For me I think the better deal will be to stay with my excellent ISP and pay £15 per month, which is a lot cheaper than I pay to Sky at the moment. Can't afford both but prefer the Aviva to sporadic Heineken.
Give blood, play rugby!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Wardy, I've been with BT Broadband for at least the last 15 years and I've had no problems with them: they are a vast improvement on the clowns who called themselves Tiscali.

I signed up with BT Sport yesterday afternoon and will be downgrading to the most basic Sky package the day after the final Lions match in July. My monthly bill will drop from around £67 to £22 and I'll have free HD for BT Sports and ESPN until Aug 2014. After that, it'll be another £3/month.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Owly tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Owly tiger »

DickyP wrote:
Owly tiger wrote:
MarkyH wrote:Some more info on subscribing on the BT website - looks like good news for BT Broadband customers:

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

One question - which I don't know if anyone has an answer to - will the games still be available to stream a few hours after the final whistle on the Aviva Prem website?
As someone who's been on BT for years, and never gone for Sky, this is pretty much the best news ever.

Well, aside from the birth of my children. You know...
Mind you - costs less than children - but what doesn't?
Ain't that the truth! :smt002
Owly tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Owly tiger »

wardy wrote:Has anyone read the reviews for BT broadband? They are awful. If you fancy a free sports package but (supposedly) :censored: broadband then go ahead. For me I think the better deal will be to stay with my excellent ISP and pay £15 per month, which is a lot cheaper than I pay to Sky at the moment. Can't afford both but prefer the Aviva to sporadic Heineken.

I'm on BT infinity, unlimited 40mps connection. Don't have a problem with it. If you have a limit, it's very easy to go over and they obviously charge you extra. Go for the full package, no problem.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Owly tiger wrote:I'm on BT infinity, unlimited 40mps connection. Don't have a problem with it. If you have a limit, it's very easy to go over and they obviously charge you extra. Go for the full package, no problem.
We've got to wait until the end of next year before BT Infinity comes to town. :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
MarkyH

Post by MarkyH »

Lucky you - no word yet for us. Only get about 1.5mb at the moment which is tortuous.

PS sorry about the snarky comment earlier
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

When you sign up they ask for your viewing card number so I'm guessing that those with multiroom subscriptions with Sky will only be able to view BT sport on the box that you've given them?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MarkyH wrote:Some more info on subscribing on the BT website - looks like good news for BT Broadband customers:

http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

One question - which I don't know if anyone has an answer to - will the games still be available to stream a few hours after the final whistle on the Aviva Prem website?
I would think so would come under a different license than the TV deal
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

We have Virgin full TV package - currently seems only ESPN Classic & USA on - does anyone know better? went on Virgin website a week or so ago but couldn't find definitive info.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

jgriffin wrote:We have Virgin full TV package - currently seems only ESPN Classic & USA on - does anyone know better? went on Virgin website a week or so ago but couldn't find definitive info.
We're in the same position; the closest I've been to getting an answer is 'BT will only do a deal with Virgin if it makes commercial sense for them to do so.'

I suspect Virgin is under pressure to keep its punters happy and a deal will be done but it's all a little mysterious at the moment.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I've been with BT infinity for a couple of years.
A fraught start to say the least - largely caused by a cretin of an engineer who couldn't wire a plug not being able to make the connection. Insisted I had a wiring fault, lasy git told me to report it to BT! (err don't you work for BT?). Wasted too long ringing call centres in India before I got hold of the email of the head of infinity roll out in the UK who sent round a competant engineer to make the connection to the green box.

Since then been rock solid reliable. Less problems than I had with Orange who only admitted they had technical problems when I threatended to leave them. Still left them as I don't like to have my time wasted tracking down faults in my house and my home network when all along they knew they had a problem with their email servers.

The best ISP I've been with was Zen but their fibre optics were too expensive so I went to BT.
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

As far as I can see (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) the cheapest way for me to watch rugby (I can't afford murdochvision) is to swap from talktalk to bt broadband and buy a galaxy s3 hdtv adaptor and can view via the free app. I will end up paying approximately £30 per month for phone broadband and rugby? Does this sound as if it will work? If so this could be the way forward for me as i haven't been able to afford to watch 'live' rugby for years. Unfortunately I don't live in an area which can receive infinity so I can't do it that way.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

I was in the luck position of having Sky and BT Broadband (Infinite 2)

I have NEVER had a problem with BT Broadband and now I have Rugby for free via Sky, took 3 mins on BT web site to set up.

Have given 31 days notice to cancel ESPN (via Sky web site) which saves a bit too - covers the Final then that's it.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

I am on BT broadband so was quite pleased when i just signed up for bt sport &
was told it free to bt broadband customers.
I asked them about sky subscription & it is going to be £12 a month or £15 a month for HD, but if you sign up by 1st august you get HD free for 12 months