TV Next Year.................BT???

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

beccap2007

Re: TV Next Year.................BT???

Post by beccap2007 »

It says on mirror website that Bt have brought out ESPN Uk and Ireland and will continue to use that under ESPN name. Apparently Dallaglio Is going to be the face of BT Rugby. I know when they It was announced Bt was taking over Premiership that sky customers could ring up bt and pay them to watch. Hope this Is case as I have sky sports and Espn but only watch Leicester games. I do watch all Leicester games as Live In Ireland and cant get to home games. I am however moving back hopefully soon so wouldnt need to use BT rugby as much.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

Be careful. I was going to ditch my Sky subscription in August and switch to BT, but because our exchange still hasn't been unbundled we're not on fibre optic broadband and BT told me that the sports packages will only be available on to fibre optic broadband suscribers. So unless BT do take over Sailing channels 445 & 447 on Sky I won't be watching any Premiership rugby on TV. :smt022
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Latecomer wrote: So unless BT do take over Sailing channels 445 & 447 on Sky I won't be watching any Premiership rugby on TV. :smt022
Fret not.. 445/447 are BT channels.. they are just a disguise for now, and for testing. BT Sport will be accessible on the Sky platform. Don't do anything rash. pricing... HD or SD... and other details are not known, but BT need to reach the Sky set top boxes to get a return on the money paid.
smileydaws

Post by smileydaws »

Latecomer wrote:Be careful. I was going to ditch my Sky subscription in August and switch to BT, but because our exchange still hasn't been unbundled we're not on fibre optic broadband and BT told me that the sports packages will only be available on to fibre optic broadband suscribers. So unless BT do take over Sailing channels 445 & 447 on Sky I won't be watching any Premiership rugby on TV. :smt022

Ditto no fibre optic!!!!!!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

BT know that their reach, due to the lack of fibre optic cables in certain areas of the country, is limited and they surely wouldn't resttrict themselves to just trading on their own fibre optic platform when they have access to channels on Sky - it just makes no business sense
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

I've got Virgin Media cable. Is there a chance I'll be able to buy into the rugby?
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

BT have bought ESPN's UK television business including both their ESPN UK and ESPN America channels and all rights to show what they show and 1 if not both of those channels will continue to broadcast under a rebranding
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

A combination of going to the game, The Angel Hotel in Market Harborough and the efficiency of www.thefirstrow.eu means that I don't feel the need to pay a subscription.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Some Web Info:
There’s no deal confirmed for Virgin Media yet, according to the BT Sport website, but if one goes through, BT Sport will join a TV package because Virgin doesn’t allow direct sales by third-party channels.
BT Sport doesn't have a hint of Sky about it
A notice on BT Sport’s website reads: “We are setting up channels on the Sky platform, so that Sky customers will be easily able to receive BT Sport in standard and high definition, by calling us. You therefore won’t buy the channel from Sky, but directly from BT.
“BT will sell BT Sport directly to customers. The channel will feature on the Sky TV guide, but you’ll have to call a number and speak directly to BT to get the channel.”
The independent sales pitch also means BT Sport will be available to anyone with a working Sky box and dish, even if they don’t have a Sky subscription.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

They say they want to de-mystify Rugby - well can they please have a word with some of the refs then and explain it to them.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Dayglo quote from same article:
"We need to get a little bit away from being seen as an elitist middle class sport and attract other viewers," he said. "The game has to de-complicate itself without losing the essence of what attracts traditional fans and put the viewers at the heart of the experience."

Elitist & middle class ? - step forward Lorenzo Bruno Nero Dallaglio, OBE :smt005 :smt005
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Finance pages of Sunday Telegraph stated that BT and Sky have failed to reach agreement on Sky being allowed to show premiership rugby in any form.
Given that BT have the worst customer service I won't be switching - still HC on Sky and Sky Atlantic!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Just received an email from sky that my ESPN subscription is coming to an end on July 31st :smt017

I haven't asked for it.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

MJ Chairman wrote:Just received an email from sky that my ESPN subscription is coming to an end on July 31st :smt017

I haven't asked for it.

I believe that ESPN have sold there UK tv rights so will not be available as from the end of July. I am hoping that BT Sport is made available on the Sky platform for next season.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk