Tigers after the Final Whistle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jamiewilkinson

Tigers after the Final Whistle

Post by jamiewilkinson »

After having an amazing weekend, we were some of the last to leave the stadium expecting the Tigers players to come out and applaud and thank our support. Really annoyed that they didnt. Sure they were disappointed as were we, but it wasnt easy for us all to make it out there. Tait and another player made a half hearted attempt.
But a real downer on the game afterwards.
Crane thanked the fans through Twitter today.
pwinson

Re: Tigers after the Final Whistle

Post by pwinson »

Completely agree with these sentiments. It surely is not expecting too much and only common courtesy from the players, on winning or losing these 'special' matches to acknowlege the committment that, in this case, over 1500 Supporters made, at significant cost, to get behind their team

This 'no show'has been the situation over several years and does leave a somewhat nasty taste in the mouth

A small but significant positive gesture would be appreciated
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

We, too felt the same. It has happened before, but I thought someone had posted that the players were unaware this grated with supporters and would recognise the support in future ( present ) games.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

A totally bizarre thread - the player should not be expected to do any such thing - indeed someone please tell me why supporters need their egos massaging to this extent. I'd have been surprised if the players could stand after the effort they gave and the let down of losing.

A totally selfish attitude on behalf of a clique of supporters who are lucky enough to be able to afford the luxury of such jaunts.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Captain Sensible

Post by Captain Sensible »

A lot of tigers fans were saying this after the game and we totally agree and discussed this morning in toulon with other tigers fans who also felt the same. Really enjoyed the game apart from the loss of course but come on tigers; a lot of fans paid a lot of money and the support was brilliant!!!!!!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

What total cobblers. Those players put their bodies on the line, for the team, club, badge and fans, and you're complaining they didn't come and wave thanks. Please get real and don't anyone suggest that the fans aren't the life blood of the club.
Last edited by MJ Chairman on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Not complaining, just put a bit of a sour note to the end of the game for us. A real shame that they couldnt find it in themselves to acknowledge the support. We were all very proud of what they gave.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Yes, we're not complaining, just pointing out that a small reciprocal gesture of recognition would be appreciated.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Of course you're complaining: if this doesn't constitute a complaint then what does?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

How long did you wait in the ground after the game to wait to applaud the team hoping they would at least acknowledge the great effort many made to attend and who sang themselves hoarse supporting the team.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Ian S wrote:How long did you wait in the ground after the game to wait to applaud the team hoping they would at least acknowledge the great effort many made to attend and who sang themselves hoarse supporting the team.
Exactly.
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

I very rarely post on here but I have to say I was not disappointed that the players did not return, they looked devastated at the end as was every Tigers supporter who travelled or stayed at home. We stood and cheered and clapped them as they came off, they acknowledged this and gestured to the crowd all over the ground and clapped in appreciation of the support.

I did not expect them to come back out after that so left with my disappointment, perhaps we should leave it there and get behind the team on Sunday.

Forever Tigers.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Eighty minutes of pounding rugby, intense performances and immense disappointment while you sat on your back sides supping beer and your day is soured by not getting a wave? 'Fickle' comes to mind. Congrats and respect for making it there, but grow up!
Captain Sensible

Post by Captain Sensible »

Fickle we are not, dedicated we are; we applauded the toulon players and they reciprocated.
Need we say more?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

DickyP wrote:A totally bizarre thread - the player should not be expected to do any such thing - indeed someone please tell me why supporters need their egos massaging to this extent. I'd have been surprised if the players could stand after the effort they gave and the let down of losing.

A totally selfish attitude on behalf of a clique of supporters who are lucky enough to be able to afford the luxury of such jaunts.
Entirely agree. A real "Look at me Mummy" attitude by these supporters who seem to need some form of approbation. Bizarre indeed.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina