One-Eyed Away Fans!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Northenlad

One-Eyed Away Fans!

Post by Northenlad »

Having just back to the Hotel from Le Stade Mayol, I am proud of what I watched the lads put themselves through today! They absolutely put their bodies on the line, which could now cause us problems for the Premiership run-in!

I was however amused by the one-eyed Tigers couple sat near us! Amongst many poor decisions that Clancy was deemed to be making, after allegedly drinking all night, last night, with Toulon fans, were the two yellow cards we received! Apparently both Flood and Cole never should have been given yellow cards as they were trying to catch the ball! A fact instantly contradicted by the same gentleman who then loudly proclaimed that a prop could never have caught that ball!

Also I would like to thank the gentleman, wearing the tiger-patterned jacket, who invited one of the Toulon fans to come down from the back of the stand for a fight! Instead of ignoring being hit by a piece of paper he decided to mouth off! The Toulon fan in question was one of 10,000+ Toulon fans who threw papers in the air and also at us. I was hit quite hard in the back of the head by several bits of paper, some maybe even were four pages thick, but decided to man-up and ignore it!

To the rest of the Tigers fans, congratulations, you were amazing and did us proud. Thank you for helping to make this weekend a great one, with an electric atmosphere.

To the Toulon fans and the locals who aren't rugby fans also a massive thank you for making us all feel so welcome.

To the two muppets mentioned above, firstly learn the laws of the game, so you don't mouth off at the ref when he correctly gives a penalty where the ball bounces when the kicker is wiped out!

To the gentleman in the Tiger-patterned blazer - grow up!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
SilebyTiger

Re: One-Eyed Away Fans!

Post by SilebyTiger »

Every club has idiots.

Ref actually impressed me today.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

To be fair, I don't think Cole should have been sin binned. It wasn't a deliberate knock on
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cole made no effort to take the ball and the yellow card was the correct decision.....IMO
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Tigerbeat wrote:Cole made no effort to take the ball and the yellow card was the correct decision.....IMO
Soon as he did it I knew what was coming,stupid pointless thing to do.Judging by Cole's reaction so did he.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

I think Toby's yellow card was the more spurious of the two. He could at least claim he tried to catch it since he tipped it up. Cole just slapped it down. There was absolutely no way he was ever going to catch that.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

There was one sat in front of us, kept standing up abusing Toulon players, finger pointing and generally behaving like someone from another sport... Totally unnecessary, when I told him to put backside on seat and stay there he then decided to apologise, claiming he was passionate and, apparently thinking he was the only one and his way of demonstrating it was the only way.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

fentiger wrote:There was one sat in front of us, kept standing up abusing Toulon players, finger pointing and generally behaving like someone from another sport... Totally unnecessary, when I told him to put backside on seat and stay there he then decided to apologise, claiming he was passionate and, apparently thinking he was the only one and his way of demonstrating it was the only way.
Saw the error of their ways, drink partly to blame I bet!! Probably frustrated at our lack of discipline! :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

cole put in a good shift he stuffed sherriden in the scrum apart from the yellow card a good performance.