Positives

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

SilebyTiger

Positives

Post by SilebyTiger »

Dunno about everyone else but I'm a :censored: proud Tigers fan tonight.

Honestly don't think we could've done much more apart from kept our discipline. Lets remember this is a developing team. Tait bar the one error was absolutely exceptional and I thought AA and Thompstone stood up as well. Salvi is a different class to anyone else though.

Would be very disappointed if we didn't win the league now.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Positives

Post by jgriffin »

SilebyTiger wrote:Dunno about everyone else but I'm a :censored: proud Tigers fan tonight.

Honestly don't think we could've done much more apart from kept our discipline. Lets remember this is a developing team. Tait bar the one error was absolutely exception and I thought AA and Thompstone stood up as well. Salvi is a different class to anyone else though.

Amen. :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
leic

Post by leic »

Croft a massive loss and thought Tom Youngs work rate was outstanding.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

I totally agree, proud to have the opportunity to say I support the Tigers! Well done lads!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

They did everything they could against the odds and Toulon's vast amounts of euros. The better side won, but absolutely no shame today.

The boys will be devastated, but they shouldn't be too disheartened, there was a lot to take away from that.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Ayerza played brilliantly as did the whole pack, Salvi was immense as was Allen, Tait, Thompstone and T Youngs. It was an immense team effort but discipline proved costly and it remains our achilles heel. Sadly the Ayerza injury sounds bad Crofty less so but we need as many players fit as possible for the run in and to deliver a premiership final victory .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

SilebyTiger wrote:Dunno about everyone else but I'm a :censored: proud Tigers fan tonight.

Honestly don't think we could've done much more apart from kept our discipline. Lets remember this is a developing team. Tait bar the one error was absolutely exceptional and I thought AA and Thompstone stood up as well. Salvi is a different class to anyone else though.

Very well put. And very proud to be a Tiger! I am hugely disappointed with today's result,but as Stuart Barnes said Tigers can return to the East Midlands full of heart with their heads held high.

Roll on next Sunday when we can give the lads the return they deserve.

:smt038
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Here, here! At least the lads really turned up for it. As said not much more we could have done.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

1. Realise that yellow cards and penalties cost games.
2. Tait can be a reasonable player.
3. Saffas and Quins can be beaten in our quest for glory!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Completely agree - on the down side, we did create chances and some half chances but the final pass wasn't quite there. The younger lads will also be better for the experience. Really proud to be a supporter
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Bright future for this team. The core of this team are all roughly 25. Flood, Youngs X2, Manu, Croft etc. If you actually compare our team with Quins who are renowned for having a young side you see that our team is actually younger. If we have a fair draw next year and get a home QF I think we can win this competition.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Our forwards are as good as you can find anywhere. they are magnificent.
However the back line is nowhere near the same class, and that is the difference.
We need extreme pace to go with the defensive strength, and, yes, Varndell or his ilk probably wouldnt have stopped Basteraud , but we have to find a centre and wing-or wingers with much more pace.
IF we had that , we would be lethal.
Prepared to accept World class flyhalves are pretty thin on the ground, as Clermont will win the Heineken with a journeyman No 10, but with lethal backs outside..!!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

fortysix wrote: We need extreme pace to go with the defensive strength, and, yes, Varndell or his ilk probably wouldnt have stopped Basteraud , but we have to find a centre and wing-or wingers with much more pace.
IF we had that , we would be lethal.
We have a speed machine his name is Miles Benjamin but sadly due to injury his first season at Tigers is a right off. Fingers crossed that he will be fit and deliver his much needed injection of pace next season. :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Sabre Tiger

Post by Sabre Tiger »

I fully agree with most of the above comments but getting back to the match and not being too analytical I would simply say that it was Wilkinson who was the difference on the day. When you face a player of his immense talent and professionalism having a good game then it will always be a big ask. If we had faced a more average fly half on the day then who knows? Very proud too of the performance right across the pitch and delighted for Tait who gets better with ever game. Looking forward to the run in.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

TigerLad wrote:Bright future for this team. The core of this team are all roughly 25. Flood, Youngs X2, Manu, Croft etc. If you actually compare our team with Quins who are renowned for having a young side you see that our team is actually younger. If we have a fair draw next year and get a home QF I think we can win this competition.
+1

Seems odd because they have been at the club and had international recognition at such different times but all of Tait, Thompstone, Morris, Allen, B Youngs, Flood, Cole, T Youngs, Mulipola, Slater, Kitchener, Crane, Croft and Salvi are between 23 and 27, plus Manu is 21. If we can just retain the squad for another couple of years while they develop......and avoid injury...and hope that England don't take too much out of them......then who knows what they could win!
Joe The Tigers Fan