What's happened to Geordan Murphy?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

What's happened to Geordan Murphy?

Post by Ian Cant »

I just wondered if anyone could shed some light on Geordan! I know his knee was providing him with problems a couple of weeks ago but thought he'd be in the squad this week. I really hope we keep hold of him next season as a skills coach then future backs coach.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: What's happened to Geordan Murphy?

Post by TigerLad »

I think he is still injured and at his age that could be quite serious. If I was Cockers I would be wheeling the old man out for the big games and resting him for others, I would have thought Toulon would have been a good game for Geordan to play in as he has had a few weeks rest and he wouldn't have to play again until the semis. The fact he isn't playing suggests he is injured.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I think we may have to resign ourselves to the fact that GM may have played his last game for the club. His rugby brain is still as sharp as ever, but old father time has caught up.

I hope he is fit to play a part in the final home game v Irish.

Great servant to the club and as I have posted previously I'd like to see us really try to sign a world-class 15 to replace him...
doogie

Post by doogie »

I spoke to Geordan recently. He is not injured!
Tigers Tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigers Tiger »

Lack of match time puts him behind others (Tait & Morris), and Geordan still might play next season.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

It will be interesting to see whether Cockers continues with Tait when Murphy is fit. I wonder whether he trusts Tait enough for the big games, having said that he has chosen Tait for a HC QF which is a pretty big game and Geordan is supposedly fit.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

TigerLad wrote:It will be interesting to see whether Cockers continues with Tait when Murphy is fit. I wonder whether he trusts Tait enough for the big games, having said that he has chosen Tait for a HC QF which is a pretty big game and Geordan is supposedly fit.
Commentary team said he was 24th man today, so he is fit but not making the matchday squad at the mo....
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

cockers wont just let him swann back into the team I reckon he will be on the bench for the irish game. or mabye he has played his last game already.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

His brain is better than most of the squad
:smt027
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Isambard wrote:His brain is better than most of the squad
:smt027
I know the feeling, the mind is willing but not always the body! :smt040 :smt040
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
wolverhampton_tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolverhampton_tiger »

I understand it was very close between him and Tait for last Sunday, but he didn't make the bench because he only plays 15, guess we'll see him this Sunday.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Tait also had a spectacular game on Sunday under some unbelievable circumstances, merited his place entirely.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

youngtiger wrote:Tait also had a spectacular game on Sunday under some unbelievable circumstances, merited his place entirely.
even his only mistake came when it no longer realistically mattered and was very unfortunate for him.

That mazy run deserved to be finished with a try, absolute quality
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

wolverhampton_tiger wrote: ..... but he didn't make the bench because he only plays 15 ....
Not if you watched him play against Gloucester at WR when apart from place kicking he also took over at 10 and 9, and did a little light foraging like a no 7.
youngtiger wrote: .... Tait also had a spectacular game on Sunday under some unbelievable circumstances, merited his place entirely.
Agreed - he finally came of age as a full-back. Hope he can keep it up.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."