Re: Bath sign Matt Garvey

Post by fortysix »

Never heard of him.....
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

That is a class signing. Garvey would be around my England squad in the row at least to pick up the training ethics etc as he's a very good player.

They're building a good side - but then, they were last year too...
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Bath are plundering Irish almost as badly as we plunder Newcastle!
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

There were three expected to leave the Irish: Joseph, Garvey and Watson that I am aware of. This means the last one is Watson, the one we were expected to sign. Hopefully, the fact there hasn't been any news means he is ours?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I see he's in the Saxons, do Barf have an accademy by the way?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
BARF1

Post by BARF1 »

we have an ok academy which at the moment hasn't fed through the enough players into the first team. But if you look at yourselves many of your players have been bought in from other teams e.g. Toby Flood from Newcastle and Anthony Allen from Glaws. Think its rich coming from you lot saying we're stealing young players when your the team who for years hasn't followed the salary cap nor brought through many academy lads!!!! #COYB #BathFamily ;)
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Welcome barf,think you got the wrong end of the stick here, I asked do you have an accademy, because I didn't know. As to buying in players,every team on the planet does that and I for one don't mind who barf buy as long as it's not our favourite sons.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

BARF1 wrote:we have an ok academy which at the moment hasn't fed through the enough players into the first team. But if you look at yourselves many of your players have been bought in from other teams e.g. Toby Flood from Newcastle and Anthony Allen from Glaws. Think its rich coming from you lot saying we're stealing young players when your the team who for years hasn't followed the salary cap nor brought through many academy lads!!!! #COYB #BathFamily ;)
Twitter's a few doors down, I'm afraid!

I'm not sure anyone said you're stealing players without the substantial caveat that we have also "stolen" a fair few players. I think the broader point is that a club cannot be built on players that have been brought in and academy graduates need to have a substantial presence in any squad. We certainly have that with Leicester (I'm not clued up enough on Bath's situation to comment).
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

The Tigers academy has produced the current EPS members; T Youngs, Cole, Croft, B Youngs, Twelvetrees and Manu. The bath academy... well you could claim Burns on a technicality. Hence the academy questions.

Bath are signing cleverly ahead of next season. They need a classy 9 badly though.
boon

Post by boon »

while technically correct on twelvetrees, it might also be seen as a bit cheeky for tigers to claim all the glory given he only made the eps breakthrough after leaving you.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We're well known for cheeky Boon, I think he was a saxon though was he not? He wasn't eps as he wasn't quite good enough for our first team at the time.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Loob19 wrote:There were three expected to leave the Irish: Joseph, Garvey and Watson that I am aware of. This means the last one is Watson, the one we were expected to sign. Hopefully, the fact there hasn't been any news means he is ours?
Irish would have been delighted to have just lost the three...

Also out of the door: young English prop Max Lahiff is off to Australia, youngish English prop Alex Corbisiero has signed for Saints, young English flanker Jamie Gibson has apparently signed for us and young Anglo-Welsh scrum-half Jack Moates has signed for Wasps. Also young English No8 Alex Gray has signed for England 7s, which appears to be pretty much full-time now.

Good young English player at London Irish? Get on the phone to your agent NOW!

How long will Homer, Yarde, Guy Armitage, Dave Sisi and Kieran Low last?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Unless we have a better options that Cockers hasn't told us about I'd like Cockers to try and sign Homer. Young, improving full back who was tipped for England a few years ago. Still only around 23 so is the right age for a signing.
Downbathway
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Downbathway »

4071 wrote:
Loob19 wrote:There were three expected to leave the Irish: Joseph, Garvey and Watson that I am aware of. This means the last one is Watson, the one we were expected to sign. Hopefully, the fact there hasn't been any news means he is ours?
Irish would have been delighted to have just lost the three...

Also out of the door: young English prop Max Lahiff is off to Australia, youngish English prop Alex Corbisiero has signed for Saints, young English flanker Jamie Gibson has apparently signed for us and young Anglo-Welsh scrum-half Jack Moates has signed for Wasps. Also young English No8 Alex Gray has signed for England 7s, which appears to be pretty much full-time now.

Good young English player at London Irish? Get on the phone to your agent NOW!#

From what I have heard, David Sisi and Anthony Watson will both be Bath players next season, as will Micky Young.