Fans and shirt colours

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WakeyTiger

Fans and shirt colours

Post by WakeyTiger »

Just wondered if anyone knew how many tickets Tigers sold in the end for the Toulon game and what kit we are likley to be playing in? I presume it will be the black Euro kit?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Fans and shirt colours

Post by ellis9 »

I have no idea how many tickets have been sold but Tigers confirmed on twitter that we will be wearing our black kit. I am a bit surprised as Toulon wear black.
RCT

Post by RCT »

Hi !
Toulon wear black or red. Since the beginning of the H Cup, Toulon wear red at home, so I think Tigers will be wearing black.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Le Pilou Pilou will have significance for both sides. Noir, Rouge, Rouge et Noir!

Perfect.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

That will be the crup black kit I suppose. The one that looks like Leicester players in the not quite completed tunnel under the alps.

hope that it will be a contest becasue if we can't win a quarter final in Europe then all my criticisms of the last months are proven. As a fan I do not want that to happen. As a non complacent fan I want to see us winning against the difficult opposition, a habit we have lost.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Isambard wrote:That will be the crup black kit I suppose. The one that looks like Leicester players in the not quite completed tunnel under the alps.

hope that it will be a contest becasue if we can't win a quarter final in Europe then all my criticisms of the last months are proven. As a fan I do not want that to happen. As a non complacent fan I want to see us winning against the difficult opposition, a habit we have lost.
Really? We are facing the strongest team in France and possibly Europe at their stadium. The team that has a squad of international stars like Wilkinson, Botha, Giteau, Heyman, Sheridan, Jenkins and Brussouw to name a few. Hell they have Van Niekerk and Lobbe on the bench with Rocky Elsom not even in the squad. We will need a fantastic performance and for Toulon to have a bad game for us to come away with a win. I want to see a good performance and ambitious play. I will be very dissapointed if we go there, play a kicking game and get beaten. Having said that I don't think that will happen. I think it would be very harsh to use a loss against Toulon to criticize the team,coaches or the board.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

100% agree. We have not played well this season, and last week's game against Saints was a welcome sign that maybe we can pull something together for 80 minutes.

Against this backdrop, a loss against Toulon is not the end of the world, and maybe we can win. But if not, then so be it. Move on and try to win the Championship. It's only sport, after all, and I can sense the excitement here in France for the game. I am looking forward to it immensely, and mixing, for the first time for ages with some Tigers' fans. Sunday afternoon is set to be sunny, with a bit of wind, but a great occasion, and that is what is important for me.
Biggest invasion by the English since Nelson, maybe?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Phil B wrote:But if not, then so be it. Move on and try to win the Championship.
If we fail to conquer in Toulon I'd prefer it if we tried to win the Premiership rather than the Championship...... :smt002 :smt002 :smt003 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Oh dear, silly me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for pointing that out without being rude!