Toulon v TIGERS!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mrmatt1

Re: Toulon v TIGERS!

Post by Mrmatt1 »

Evening all :smt001

Some help would be appreciated please. Does anybody know where in Birmingham I would have the best chance of being able to watch the match?
Leicester Tigers rule. FACT.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

PM76 wrote:Toulon side announced:

Le XV de départ : 15.Delon ARMITAGE ; 14.Rudi WULF, 13.Mathieu BASTAREAUD, 12.Matt GITEAU, 11.Alexis PALISSON ; 10.Jonny WILKINSON (cap), 9.Sébastien TILLOUS-BORDE ; 7.Steffon ARMITAGE, 8.Chris MASOE, 6.Juan Martin FERNANDEZ LOBBE ; 5.Nick KENNEDY, 4.Bakkies BOTHA ; 3.Carl HAYMAN, 2.Sébastien BRUNO, 1.Andrew SHERIDAN.

Les remplaçants : 16.Mickaël IVALDI, 17.Gethin JENKINS, 18.Levan CHILACHAVA, 19.Jocelino SUTA, 20.Vincent MARTIN, 21.Maxime MERMOZ, 22.Nicolas DURAND, 23.Joe VAN NIEKERK.

http://www.rctoulon.com/en/news/article ... leicester/
Not often I say this but that is one scary team and the bench is not too bad either. Victory will be that much sweeter if we can do it. Come on Tigers.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The main thing for me is we give it a go & if we loose we don't all wonder what if.......We need to start well & use the players off the bench to make an impact, hence i'm confused with Ford over Bowden.

The lack of 2nd team games really bites now, how do you bring Mafi, Murphy back into the side Cold at this time in a season?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:The main thing for me is we give it a go & if we loose we don't all wonder what if.......We need to start well & use the players off the bench to make an impact, hence i'm confused with Ford over Bowden.

The lack of 2nd team games really bites now, how do you bring Mafi, Murphy back into the side Cold at this time in a season?
I think we have a good run in to get players back into the team. With Murphy's experience he could probably slot straight back into the side in the semi final. Having said that I would like Cockers to give him 40 minutes off the bench against Bath just to get back into the swing of things, then rest him until the semi so he is fit and ready to go. Mafi is more of an issue, he is a top quality player but how do you get him game time? There is no point risking him aggravating his injury by starting him when we have Croft but it will also be difficult to fit him onto the bench. Do you give Crane a rest and start Waldrom with Mafi off the bench or do you try and maintain momentum by keeping the same team?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Toulon do have an impressive team sheet, but many are ex internationals,very experienced, but possibly past their best.Let's hope all that good French wine and food has made them soft :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
noworri3s

Post by noworri3s »

Hi everyone,

4 of my friends are in France to watch the game tomorrow but have unfortunately forgotten their tickets at home.. Is anyone travelling to Toulon tomorrow from a London airport and would do them the massive favour of taking the tickets with them? Of course if you happened to also live in London and would agree to meet me today to take the tickets that would be great..

Any other suggestions are welcome. I am trying to call the ticket company atm but have been in a massive phone queue for a while..

Thanks a lot in advance.

Lavinia
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

So a possible trip to Twickers vs Sarries in the Semi Final.All we have to do is beat Toulon! :smt004

Come on you Tigers!!! :smt027 :smt027
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I can't help thinking that we are a good draw away from winning the HC (or whatever European cup we have come up with by then). The standard of teams is very low at the moment apart from Clermont which is why Leinster have 'dominated' Europe in the last 5 years. I'd back this team to win a quarter final against anyone at WR, then in the semis we could beat a Saffas or Toulouse type team which would put us in the final. It's possible.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Castro has retweeted this on his twitter account.
Go after your dream, no matter how unattainable others think it is.
Retweeted by martin castro
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Can't help feeling Matt Tait is absolutely pivotal today. He seems to be growing in confidence at 15 but I'm not entirely convinced. I expect JW to hoist a few up-and-unders towards him very early on. Tait needs to keep his composure. Any early mistakes from him and the team will loose confidence.

Meanwhile, I see on this string that there is a suggestion the Geordan will be back at 15 for the SF if we win. He is fit and not in the squad today. As much as I want it not to be the case, we won't win the HK with Geordan in the team and I expect him to retire at the end of the season...

Today will tell us lots about our strength and depth at number 15. Good luck, MT. After such a long-time out injured, today could be redemption for you...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Seconded.
A life long Tiger
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Toulon 6-9 Tigers at Halftime.

I'm wondering why Mr Clancy seems oblivious to Toulon's hooker hitting the side of rucks (First Toulon penalty (that they scored from) about 32 mins as an example).

Was there a hint of a trip on Salvi when Jonny Jonny fumbled the kick off and we kicked through?

Not thinking penalty try as Armitage was there to cover, but a penalty?

Shame floody missed that last kick, could prove crucial.

Croft off injured, klooked like lower back issues. Waldrom on to replace him.

C'MON TIGERS, we CAN do this.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Proud of the boys! But only half the job is done. Keep it up!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Croft off injured, klooked like lower back issues. Waldrom on to replace him.
I was making a cuppa at the time (ok, getting another beer) and missed him getting treatment but I did hear the commentators saying it was shoulder - think the same one he landed on at Saints last week (which I also missed as I was at the bar!) Maybe I should just stop drinking?!