Toulon v TIGERS!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toulon v TIGERS!

Post by TigerLad »

I can't help feeling that if we can win this (and it's a big if) we will have a game against either Ulster at the Aviva or Saffas at Twickers. To me those games are winnable and then potentially we are in a final with Clermont, I know i'm getting ahead of myself here but our semi finals look winnable. Anything could happen in a final. But then again we still have to beat Toulon in Toulon. Anything can happen in sport, i'm clinging to that.
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

If we can beat Toulon over there, then we can win this thing.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Well, after the very thorough beating we took on Saturday, I thought I'd come here to share my humble pie with you Tigers.
a) Toulon are mighty, they insist a lot on physical fitness, enabling a very aggressive rush-defence. My poor Stade Français choked at the 55th minute, unable to perform three successive passes.
b) Toulon play standing up : they offload quite gracefully and it takes two players minimum to prevent them from offloading. At that game Matt Giteau is truly a beautiful player.
c) Watch Steffon Armitage at the breakdown : he was involved in his team turnovers, based on speed, aggressiveness and lenient refereeing (now, that is sour grapes: in fairness I have no complaints against Mr Poite) :smt009

But

Bastareaud is still greedy and fails to make passes when a clear superiority is seen on his side

Their lineout is not that beautiful

Poor Stade Français won a few scrums with a young tighthead.

We did not have Sergio Parisse.

Truly, when a superior force is shown at the breakdown, I wonder if Toulon's back will be able to demonstrate what they shown on Saturday... Good luck, me Tigers ! :smt026
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Méounais

Post by Méounais »

Hello chaps from far away!!!

We are really pleased to welcome you in our city and hope we will have a hell of a good time. I would like to tell inform you that a special offer will be made for you. 237 pub on Liberty Square (the main square central Toulon, 10 minutes walk from Mayol stadium) has prepared a special menu for the English fans (Tiger burger and a pint of beer for only 16 euros). Come numerous and enjoy yourselves. Fortunately the weather forecast has anounced nice weather for this week-end.

Come on Toulon and good luck for your team.

Méounais (little village north of Toulon) and at the same time a supporter of Norwich City FC (nobody's perfect)
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Méounais wrote:
Hello chaps from far away!!!

a special menu for the English fans (Tiger burger and a pint of beer for only 16 euros).
Thank you for your honesty. No mention of beef, or even horse, just pure Tiger.

16 Euros though! C'est un peu cher, Non?
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
killer938
Tiger Cub

Post by killer938 »

Phil

Unfortunately over here that isn't actually too bad. Beers over here in Lyon are usually around €6 but as they know lots of tourists will be coming and it is a beach town prices may well be higher. A burger in a pub is around €10 as well so overall it isn't a bad deal.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

I hear you - it's an opportunity in these hard times and it's on the med coast. I live near to Ales,(North of Nimes, 45 minutes) and eat regularly at a restaurant where I get freshly made food,(French cuisine, traditional) 3 courses for 15 Euros. Generally, I can eat out at lunch time for 10 - 15 euros no problem. But we are definitely not on the tourist trail, here, near the Cevennes!!
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
killer938
Tiger Cub

Post by killer938 »

Ah sorry, didn't see you lived over here as well.

Yeh, I mean it does vary. Here in Lyon you get a Lyonnaise menu (bouchon) for 15 euros as well, but then go to one of the British pubs and its 10 euros for a burger and chips.

For everyone coming over, look at the restaurants because they will have the same deals in Toulon as well I assume, you can generally get a 3 course meal for between 15 and 20 euros and they are great value.
Méounais

Post by Méounais »

Hello beloved people

I must precise that the Tiger burger is an XXL burger with French fries.
But the key point is BEEEEERRRR
Jonny_For_President

Post by Jonny_For_President »

Hello fans of Leicester.

I am a member of fans club "Les Fils de Besagne." This weekend in Toulon is a time of celebration. There will be close to the Mayol stadium a welcoming village for fans with "Bodégas" and giant screen to see the other quarter-finals. It will be just behind the Mayol stadium, on the "Place Besagne".

Personally, our fans club would be happy to welcome you at its headquarters, the brewery "Brasserie Le Roosevelt" located on the avenue of the same name behind the Bonnus Tribune.

It would be a good time we would like to spend with you, before or after the match, and we could share a pint of friendship and some local specialties, in learning the Pilou-Pilou.

Hope to meet you on Sunday.

Allez Toulon!!! And Wilco...And Welcome to the Leicester fans.
Last edited by Jonny_For_President on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny_For_President

Post by Jonny_For_President »

Méounais wrote:Hello beloved people

I must precise that the Tiger burger is an XXL burger with French fries.
But the key point is BEEEEERRRR
Méounais passe boire un coup au Roosevelt également :smt006 :smt003
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Anyone for a bit of controversy ?

Mogul supremo and media star of Toulon Mourad Boudjellal declared today "Leicester's fame is due to a misunderstanding. People think they are talking about the great Leinster." :smt003 (my own translation).

he was answering to Cockers who said that players come down to Toulon because the climate is fair and the town pretty and the pay check is hefty. In Leicester the paycheck is low and there is nothing to see added Cockers.

To which Boudjellal answered : "everyone knows that in Leicester there is no paycheck at all, that everyone loves everyone else and they do smooches on the cheeks ! It's not a sports club it is a bunch of friends."

I personnally love some silly banter before a major game ! :smt003
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I like the way you stoke the fire. And, on a personal level, it's worked. I hope we stuff them.
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!
A upane kaupane whiti te ra!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

murphy15 wrote:I like the way you stoke the fire. And, on a personal level, it's worked. I hope we stuff them.

Well, I forgot to add in my post "COME ON YOU MIGHTY TIGERS !" :smt026

Do to them what they did to us !

And on a personal note, if you meet Matthias from the Fadas' supporters club, tell him that Rémi says "hello" :smt003
murphy15
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by murphy15 »

I can't afford to go to Toulon... it's just a millionaire's playground :smt002
Ka mate, ka mate! Ka ora! ka ora!
Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!
Tçnei te tangata pûhuruhuru
Nâna nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te râ
A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!