Marcus Ayerza

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Marcus Ayerza

Post by sapajo »

stonebob wrote:have just watched him destroy toulons tighthead and when he went off you could see the difference... class scrumagger

He was stellar today and such a crying shame that his season may now be over due to a suspected broken collar bone, fingers crossed and best wishes that Marcus makes a swift recovery. A top draw Tiger and a very decent bloke to boot.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Suspected broken collar bone - Cockers has asked the citing officer to take a look at the incident. I didn't think we cited players, by the way?! Was caused by Botha's knee, by all accounts. Just when we didn't need a front row injury!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cockers has only asked for the incident to be reviewed.....not cited.

The Citing Commisioner will cite if appropriate.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Cockers has only asked for the incident to be reviewed.....not cited
In real time it looked like a perfectly timed run and pass but agree it could do with a view just in case as it was an almighty collision. It was one of those horrible situations as a defender where if you rush the runner and try to stop him gaining momentum you will probably get done for offside as it was timed so well but if you hold the line and face up it could hurt. Fair play to Ayerza as Botha is as big and hard as it will probably ever come!
Cheery chappy
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Tigerbeat wrote:Cockers has only asked for the incident to be reviewed.....not cited.

The Citing Commisioner will cite if appropriate.
Ahhhh, I stand corrected - thank you Tigerbeat
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

I agree that Marcos is an awesome Tiger.
Captain Sensible

Post by Captain Sensible »

Saw Marcus in centre of toulon today and looked in some pain. We asked him about the injury and he confirmed the break so his season is finished, such a shame as been brilliant for us this season. It also leaves a big gap to fill!
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Did he say himself his season was over or are you assuming from the way he looked/ seemed/ talked? I only ask to confirm as it would depend entirely on the nature of the break as to how long the recovery period will be.
Ian S
Tiger Cub

Post by Ian S »

youngtiger wrote:Did he say himself his season was over or are you assuming from the way he looked/ seemed/ talked? I only ask to confirm as it would depend entirely on the nature of the break as to how long the recovery period will be.
I was there and Marcos said his season was over
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Ian S wrote:
youngtiger wrote:Did he say himself his season was over or are you assuming from the way he looked/ seemed/ talked? I only ask to confirm as it would depend entirely on the nature of the break as to how long the recovery period will be.
I was there and Marcos said his season was over
That's really bad news, Logo is a superb player but we could be exposed if we come up against a team with 2 top quality tight heads.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

still have Balmain who can play Loose head as well as tighthead, as can Brookes I believe (albeit not as well) Not sure of Stanko's injury situation

BUT - any which way Marcos is a MASSIVE loss as he is just about the best player in their given position that we have.
amazing tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by amazing tiger »

shame he is out for a year we will miss him.he is the best prop in the premiership.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

amazing tiger wrote:shame he is out for a year we will miss him.he is the best prop in the premiership.
Not sure that he'll be out for a year - what I've read was around the three month mark which means he'll miss the end of the current season.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

The silver lining (for us, not Moarcos) could be that a minimum three month lay off would mean he would less likely to be considered for the squad for the 2013 Southern Hemisphere Championship (whatever its called) for Argentina.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I read that he is due to have a plate fitted, I hope he is able to fully recover from this and continue his playing career.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.