Marcus Ayerza

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Marcus Ayerza

Post by fortysix »

Surely Marcus Ayerza must be the best No 1 in the Premiership, his overall play and work rate is always outstanding.
What a great signing he was, and the Argentinian gene pool shows their props last for ever !!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Marcus Ayerza

Post by sapajo »

Marcus is a gem of a player and a top bloke!!!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Absolute star and great hands!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

He was World class today, he has the best hands for a prop in the premiership by far IMO :smt023
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Agreed, his hands to put Manu in were superb, top player.

P.s. Without trying to sound like a pedant, it's Marcos not Marcus :smt001
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

youngtiger wrote:Agreed, his hands to put Manu in were superb, top player.

P.s. Without trying to sound like a pedant, it's Marcos not Marcus :smt001
Don't worry - pedantry is better than not caring.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

A few weeks back, on ESPN I think, when discussing the dark arts of the front row, David Flatman described Ayerza and Cole as the best pair of props in the Premiership and said that they did not cheat. Not a bad endorsement from an opposing prop (and something that I hope Premiership refs were watching). :smt023
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

He is thoroughly unlucky that Roncero has had such longevity. The boy is absolutely class and thank god we intercepted him.

The story goes his agent was travelling around France and Toulouse looked like they fancied him and we took a punt and made him an offer first - one of, if not the best bit of business we've done in the transfer market during that time.
boon

Post by boon »

he was good in the loose but ayerza forgot to bind until about the fourth or fifth scrum. even after that mercey was still on top at scrumtime (until he went off)

accounts of his infallibity are exaggerated.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

The scrum was a non issue. Not a single scrum penalty today if I rightly recall.

As for Ayerza, I struggle to think of a loosehead who can push like him, but is also so good in the loose. Absolute gem.

On that note, hope Fluffy is okay. We need him with Boris out.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Boon, props don't bind properly and they stand up whenever they can get away with it and drive in on an angle into the hooker.They play the ref, which we all did(in my case a long time ago).
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Whenever sky showed us Ayerza vs Mercey (I think), Mercey was binding on Ayerza's arm. I know we won and it was one of if not the best performances of the season but Barnes did miss a few things. Wood should have been sin binned after one of the multiple Manu breaks where he dived over one of our players at the ruck and simply lay on the ball, slowing down the ball when we had massive overlaps. I know it's pedantic (big word) but Wood should have been sin binned for that. I'm also dissapointed with Luther Burrell. He came on after about 60 minutes when the game was already over and spent most of the rest of the game putting in high hits and shoulder charges. Doesn't make a difference though, we smashed the saints and that's all that matters. :smt003
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

boon wrote:Ayerza forgot to bind until about the fourth or fifth scrum. even after that mercey was still on top at scrumtime (until he went off)
Entirely disagree, Mercey (who I thought played reasonably well btw) was consistently binding on Ayerza's arm. Though as Darc Tiger says the scrum was a non-event given the number of free kicks given before the scrum even got going.
stonebob
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by stonebob »

have just watched him destroy toulons tighthead and when he went off you could see the difference... class scrumagger
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Thank God Fluffy is alright. He is crucial now if Marcos is injured.