Has the bubble burst.......................

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Has the bubble burst.......................

Post by WiggoTiger »

Quins lose yet again!! :smt017
Is the bubble of O'Shea's revolution about to burst?? Maybe I have been too harsh on our leaders as we could cement 2nd Place with a win at the Gardens. If the Wasps do us a favour we could still sneak top spot in the coming weeks.......oh the roller coaster ride of the Premiership! :smt015
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Has the bubble burst.......................

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Certainly there seemed to be a touch of 'over confidence' when they left Robshaw out. However, there will be further twists before the end of the season.
The good news is we should have a settled side, barring injuries, over the next few weeks, and I believe our best is yet to come.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Looking back over this season and last Quins must be overdue a 'bad' run. No one team is invincible, even Tigers have had to stomach that one!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Chickens. Your. Count. Don't.
A long road with many turnings yet.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

Don't write Quins off. J.P. Doyle let many things go tonight and another Ref and another night Quins could have won. Great match though, I hope our is as good tomorrow with an away victory.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There's also the small matter that they have won one title and like us, are still in the Heineken Cup. Would their season end if they were third or fourth? indeed were we to fail to win tomorrow would ours?
Rugby seems to be infested with doom and gloom, almost as bad as football,shall we too start the weekly "lets sack someone" attitude if some one dares to fail to win every game?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
St John Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by St John Tiger »

As commented previously it is good to see we have a settled side, however my heart sank when I saw Matthew Tait on the team sheet again. He is just not good enough to don a Tigers shirt as his recent form has proved. He needs to be replaced ASAP, Hamilton does a good job at Full Back.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

St John Tiger wrote:As commented previously it is good to see we have a settled side, however my heart sank when I saw Matthew Tait on the team sheet again. He is just not good enough to don a Tigers shirt as his recent form has proved. He needs to be replaced ASAP, Hamilton does a good job at Full Back.
Give the lad a chance. Even the great Smurph has his moments of utter cack. I think we will see the best of Tait towards the end of the season, hopefully when it is a bit warmer!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Too early to start asking such a question. Will our bubble have burst if we lose tomorrow away from home? Depending on what happens any 4 out of 6 can realistically make it. Even if we lose tomorrow, Saints and Quins have to play each other so one of them will probably lose at least one more game before the end of the season.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

tigerburnie wrote:There's also the small matter that they have won one title and like us, are still in the Heineken Cup. Would their season end if they were third or fourth? indeed were we to fail to win tomorrow would ours?
Rugby seems to be infested with doom and gloom, almost as bad as football,shall we too start the weekly "lets sack someone" attitude if some one dares to fail to win every game?
"Lets sack someone" it has been part of this forum for years.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I think teams have found Quins out. Aggressive defence disarms Quins formula that has worked for them for almost two seasons IMO. Some days you have to stick the ball up your jumper and play a different game. Quins can't do that.

COS and Quins are good enough to add another string to their bow very quickly though I think. No way are they to be written off.

I think our 2nd half against Saffers is more worrying for us than yesterday is for Quins.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

He needs to be replaced ASAP, Hamiltondoesa good job at Full Back .
St John, Hamilton has been out of form for some time, is slower and has a worse kicking game than Tait.

Quins blew it for themselves yesterday, the ref allowed them to play their game but turning down a couple of kicks at goal in order to tap and go cost them big.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Quins had a good run when they were playing very well and a bit luck was with them and have had a bad run when not playing quite so well and and aren't being quite so lucky. These runs also coincide with Evans's form. Unluckily for us we had the game when he didn't play whilst his form has slipped - and Botica had a cracker especially with the boot.

They are a good team and no-one should write them off although I'll be glad to see them continue the bad run. Who knows - if they really do collapse O'Shea may go off to coach Ireland?
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="DickyP"]Quins had a good run when they were playing very well and a bit luck was with them and have had a bad run when not playing quite so well and and aren't being quite so lucky. These runs also coincide with Evans's form. Unluckily for us we had the game when he didn't play whilst his form has slipped - and Botica had a cracker especially with the boot.

They are a good team and no-one should write them off although I'll be glad to see them continue the bad run. Who knows - if they really do collapse O'Shea may go off to coach Ireland?[/quote]

I agree, especially in relation to Evans and his form/fitness. He looked completely wacked when he came off last night.
I would also add that last season they had such a lead in the Prem as they did not suffer many absentees to the internationals. This season they haven't quite had that luxury, and have had tougher games. It will be interesting to see how they go from here, but as others have said, they are well coached by O'Shea and Kingston, and it is too soon to write them off.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I don't know about the bubble being burst and I think leaving Robshaw out was due to the fact that he looked very fatigued against Saracens, so I think long term that was a good call.

They had a tough night against Gloucester but if you want running open rugby something has to give and if Quins had won they probably would not have complained....

I think it depends how they approach the HC game against Munster...they will be rested and I expect a really tough game for them....if they win it will boost them mentally and that could spur them on....

Still a really good young team with a potentially great future...