Tigers v the Sinners (Northampton Saints)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v the Sinners (Northampton Saints)

Post by WhitecapTiger »

It is possible to be a doom-monger and be a true fan, we need to remember that.

However, it is one in the eye for the unconstructive critics.

Click, it had to happen and today it did, we showed what we can do, and that's what hasd been frustrating. Timing is important and there was no better time to click and show intent than today. Internationals are back and the squad now have to play for each other, not worry about other distractions.

I feel Toulon, who I never thought would under-estimate us (or our potential) for one minute, will have had their eyes opened wide and will have been given more to think about.

From a man today we were majestic, we got the taste of blood and we went for the jugular - that has been missing for sometime.

Consistency is now the name of the game.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

kingol22 wrote:Many have been saying all season that when we finally perform someone was going to get a battering and that happened today. Croft was excellent both in the loose and the line out, Salvi dominated the break down and Manu is finding some form as well. We seem to be going through the gears at the right time of the year and i am confident we will put up a very good fight in Toulon.

Win next week and this could be a very good year :smt026

Manu isn't bad for a "one trick pony" is he?
Come on ,say you're sorry............. :smt006
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Great show from all the boys, once Saints pack couldn't out muscle us they disappeared!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Sensational performance waited all season for that one but today Tigers you were all simply magnificent !!!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

tigerburnie wrote:
I dont think i have ever refereed to Manu as a "one trick pony" :smt017
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

tigerburnie wrote:
kingol22 wrote:Many have been saying all season that when we finally perform someone was going to get a battering and that happened today. Croft was excellent both in the loose and the line out, Salvi dominated the break down and Manu is finding some form as well. We seem to be going through the gears at the right time of the year and i am confident we will put up a very good fight in Toulon.

Win next week and this could be a very good year :smt026

C'mon TB its one game in 5 or 6, I will apologise if he can suddenly become an all round player and win us the HC and Prem this season. Not much pressure on the poor lad!! :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

What a game, for me the stand out players were Ayerza, T Youngs (1st H), Slater, Parling, Croft, Salvi, Crane, Flood, Tuilagi, Morris and Tait (2nd H). If we can replicate that performance and stop some of the dithering then we surely have a good chance against Toulon
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

kingol22 wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:
I dont think i have ever refereed to Manu as a "one trick pony" :smt017
Not you kingol, see thread from wiggo.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
andysaint

Post by andysaint »

Very well played a lot better than us, out classed us in all areas. Can't complain no one else's fault other than us, we were that rubbish. Croft head and shoulders above everyone.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Despite the scoreline the good thing is there are still things that could improve. More clinical finishing could have lead to a couple more tries.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

There's the 80 minute performance we have been looking for! And how sweet did that feel! Everyone was excellent. Praise where it is deserved to the usual suspects.

But I'd like to give special mention Crane and Tait, who have both had tough seasons, but both had their best of the season today. Crane has steadily getting back to his best, and looked it today. Looks the player he was a couple of seasons ago. Tait was solid in defence and at the back, popped up around the park and I was impressed with his sweeping, as he always seemed to be there tidying up loose ball.

Interesting words from Cockers after too. Very much heaping praise (and somewhat defending) MOC. Saying when its not on, we keep it tight and grind it out, but when the time is right, we undeniably look like a real force in attack.

8.5/10 today, and that is as close to as good as it gets for me.
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Leaving aside recent results (yes, yes, I know) Franklin Gardens is absolutely my favourite ground after Welford Road. How pleasant to have a civilised announcer - after the hysterical maniacs who infest the likes of Quins, Irish and even Exeter.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

There's nothing better than beating your neighbours, but don't tell them, but they are a proper club and I don't wish them any malice. I might even stop calling them "sinners" seeing as the game was played in the proper spirit this time without the nasty side we saw in the past.
Rugby was the winner today.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

agreed 100% ancientmariner. and there was no kicking competition at half time either, making it doubly good.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Great game with some good rugby. Feet on the ground time Toulon have world class players all over the park and some who can't even get into the 23. Breakdown will be much more physical and we will need to put more in to defend and attack. Ben needs more protection.