Tigers v the Sinners (Northampton Saints)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v the Sinners (Northampton Saints)

Post by Jay C »

jgriffin wrote:Stains have a disappearing front row and my Stains-in-laws feel there is an end-of-an-era feel about it all at present. They believe Mallinder and West should go, they've taken the side as far as they can. For those who ask the obvious question, they think Lyn Jones could show what he could do with a better squad, Stains need a Dai Young/Cockers type of builder.
Agree this year could be a watershed for Saints, but with George North on the way, maybe they are looking to have a plan B for next season (although they will need to find a decent 8/9/10 combo to do that, IMO).
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

Agree with kpj about Kitchener, I think he's one of the best young locks around, and is worth an England spot in Argentina, especially if any of the incumbents get picked to play for the Lions (which I expect them to).

Jay C, as for a 9 they'll have one of the best in the league, if not the world (IMHO of course) next season in Kahn Fotuali'i, though from what I've read North isn't necessarily "on the way" as much as "has received an offer". If you know otherwise I'd be grateful for any proof.

I think they're also lacking a quality 12 as none of Waldouck, T May or Burrell fulfil that vital role.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

youngtiger wrote:Agree with kpj about Kitchener, I think he's one of the best young locks around, and is worth an England spot in Argentina, especially if any of the incumbents get picked to play for the Lions (which I expect them to).

Jay C, as for a 9 they'll have one of the best in the league, if not the world (IMHO of course) next season in Kahn Fotuali'i, though from what I've read North isn't necessarily "on the way" as much as "has received an offer". If you know otherwise I'd be grateful for any proof.

I think they're also lacking a quality 12 as none of Waldouck, T May or Burrell fulfil that vital role.
Fair point about the 9 - had forgotten about him. Not sure North is going to end up there - just repeating the rumours. Agree about the 12 - I should change my post to read "need a good 8,10,12 combo" :smt023