Tigers vs. Chiefs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs. Chiefs

Post by WiggoTiger »

Hinckley Bob wrote:It is always what Tigers did wrong, even when they win. Will no-one acknowledge the Chiefs' competitive spirit and excellent blitz defence?
If you want to be the best and challenge for honours these are the challenges that should be overcome with ease. Their blitz defence could and should have been breached but we were to conservative and had no ideas how to penetrate the gaps..............well done MoC!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Brianf wrote:I thought an interesting and potential game changer today was the substitution of the Exeter scrum half Haydn Thomas. He was playing pretty well and (apart from a decision to run instead of taking a penalty) was very strong. His replacement, Will Chudley, showed some inexperience in such a tight game.

That said, I will take the win however it comes!!
How lucky were we that Baxter did a poor sub, even Healey noted this.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

WiggoTiger wrote:
Hinckley Bob wrote:It is always what Tigers did wrong, even when they win. Will no-one acknowledge the Chiefs' competitive spirit and excellent blitz defence?
If you want to be the best and challenge for honours these are the challenges that should be overcome with ease. Their blitz defence could and should have been breached but we were to conservative and had no ideas how to penetrate the gaps..............well done MoC!!
I didn't realise that it was MoC that butchered the 3 on 2 that Manu (who apparently did nothing) created.....
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:
I didn't realise that it was MoC that butchered the 3 on 2 that Manu (who apparently did nothing) created.....
He coaches the backs who seem very keen to butcher opportunities......i remember Patsy coaching the backs and they more often than not finished off these chances. Manu did one run all game, he seems to want to spend all his time head down in a ruck..............he is too easily defended as everyone knows how he plays!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

WiggoTiger wrote:
He coaches the backs who seem very keen to butcher opportunities......i remember Patsy coaching the backs and they more often than not finished off these chances. Manu did one run all game, he seems to want to spend all his time head down in a ruck..............he is too easily defended as everyone knows how he plays!
By your own words it is the backs that seem keen on butchering opportunities so how is that the coaches fault. Also I did watch the game and perhaps Tait didnt butcher the chance but praise to the defence is in order. I think you are also are unfair to Cockers, he did not make excuses but it was the commentator that kept insisting that we probably didnt play well because of the players being away with England. Cockers when pressured said it may have been a factor but I didnt see it as him looking for excuses. You also have to remember that this is the team that beat the Quins at the Stoop just a few weeks ago and have only lost at home once in the league which is less than us!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:
By your own words it is the backs that seem keen on butchering opportunities so how is that the coaches fault. Also I did watch the game and perhaps Tait didnt butcher the chance but praise to the defence is in order. I think you are also are unfair to Cockers, he did not make excuses but it was the commentator that kept insisting that we probably didnt play well because of the players being away with England. Cockers when pressured said it may have been a factor but I didnt see it as him looking for excuses. You also have to remember that this is the team that beat the Quins at the Stoop just a few weeks ago and have only lost at home once in the league which is less than us!
As I frequently tend to, I agree with you Smurph
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Not that impressive from Tigers but they can only play as well as they are allowed to.
Exeter are a tough, well organised team who are also well coached and
played very well against us.
I think most teams will struggle against them at Sandy Park.

One thing no one has commented on and that is how :censored: cold it was.
My hands were like ice so theirs must have been much worse.
In the circumstances, I am amazed that the handling was as good as it was from both teams.
A life long Tiger
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Smudge wrote:Not that impressive from Tigers but they can only play as well as they are allowed to.

In the circumstances, I am amazed that the handling was as good as it was from both teams.
Was it + or - the temperature against Toulouse at home Smudge?
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

WiggoTiger wrote:

So Quins have no chance then!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Let us hope that the signing of two creative 10s for next term will see a change in that direction.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Smudge wrote:Not that impressive from Tigers but they can only play as well as they are allowed to.

The Tigers should have known it was going to be cold and the Coaches should have planned to do something about it. It is very short sighted. In addition the players should have gone to Serbia for preparation and not pratting about with Yoga and 40 degree temperatures in the week. It shows how far we fallen under Cockers that we cant beat lowly teams like Exeter with a bonus point :smt003 :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Let us hope that the signing of two creative 10s for next term will see a change in that direction.[/quote]

We can only hope that their flair is not coached out of them! :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:

The Tigers should have known it was going to be cold and the Coaches should have planned to do something about it. It is very short sighted. In addition the players should have gone to Serbia for preparation and not pratting about with Yoga and 40 degree temperatures in the week. It shows how far we fallen under Cockers that we cant beat lowly teams like Exeter with a bonus point :smt003 :smt003
Did we ever lose a game before Cockers took over? :smt017
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Hinckley Bob wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:
Did we ever lose a game before Cockers took over? :smt017
As the goldfish would say - nope,... umm nope,.... umn nope :smt044 :smt044
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Gents, gents, gents.....breathe
I stopped breathing during the game a few times as I always do (that's the beauty of watching Tigers). Sometimes my Tigers ticker misses a few beats too! :smt005
Roll on the next roller coaster ride!