Is it me........?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Is it me........?

Post by WiggoTiger »

Is it me or do the Sarries and Quins players seem to want to through the Eng game away. CASHton a waste of space, Farrell crumbling under pressure, MArler a complete joke and Goode is kicking to nowhere. BRING ON FLOOD!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Johnnyg

Re: Is it me........?

Post by Johnnyg »

And Manu butchered our only try scoring chances. I think he plays for Tigers.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

I'm not a huge Farrell fan at all but I thought he did well today. The problem is that Ashton keeps getting picked when Wade should replace him. Brown should be full back and the Barrett/Tuilagi combo doesn't seem to have a plan B. You can't just run at Roberts and expect to score or even break the line. England seem to refuse to use the wings, even though the centres achieve nothing. Two crash centres won't cut it at this level, you need sharp runners.

On a seperate note, the England scrum was second rate in a game where the forwards should have been the main tactic to win!

Proud day to be a Welshman!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

They pop out of the closet everywhere. :smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

We were outclassed in every department bar line out. Wales were immense and to come back from the terrible summer and autumn shows what a class act there best 15 is.

England are young and will learn, we have to learn to play at real pace and offload. We need to model England on quins.

England can't continue starting with Brad and Manu.
Goode is not quick enough and bottled it big time today.
We need a loose head who can scrummage
We need a new winger with pace and for us to play a style of rugby that allows Ashton to be the predator he can be.

And we need a big ball carrying 6 or 8

And coaches that make changes when they are needed, 30 mins in the game plan wasn't working I would have brought billy on then and Goode off. But even then Wales were just to good on the day. A young team will learn from this .

I am not a Farrell basher I think he wanted more than any other England player other than robshaw and tried all the time was aggressive in defence. He needs a clever 12 playmaker alongside him. Billy should be given a run of starts to see if he can be that person.
boon

Post by boon »

many on here seem to have a massive blind spot as to how tom youngs played today - weak in the scrum, mixed at the lineout, poor discipline meaning too many silly silly penalties.

few if any of the england team covered themselves in glory today, wales definitely the better team on the day but tom y was one of the weakest links in a weak chain.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Mat wrote: I am not a Farrell basher I think he wanted more than any other England player other than robshaw and tried all the time was aggressive in defence. He needs a clever 12 playmaker alongside him. Billy should be given a run of starts to see if he can be that person.
Sorry but the 10 should be the playmaker, so it begs the question that if he needs a clever playmaker at 12 what good is he for the team at 10.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

boon wrote:many on here seem to have a massive blind spot as to how tom youngs played today - weak in the scrum, mixed at the lineout, poor discipline meaning too many silly silly penalties.

few if any of the england team covered themselves in glory today, wales definitely the better team on the day but tom y was one of the weakest links in a weak chain.
You should make it clear that you are a Saints fan hence your comments about TY are Hartley-tinted. TY has a lot more to offer than Hartley for England.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Well I am Tigers through and through and I thought that Youngs was poor and Hartley is a busted flush.
boon

Post by boon »

a) you would argue tom youngs had a good game today then? :smt017
b) both are good hookers, but we will simply have to agree to disagree on whether youngs or hartley has more to offer england
c) my being a saints supporter is not a secret and will be well known to regular readers of this forum but i certainly dont feel a need to announce it in every post

for the record, i have already posted elsewhere that neither hartley or lawes made any impact on the game, tom wood was the only saintman to put in a decent shift (out of position).
Last edited by boon on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

much as i imagine you dont feel the need to announce you are an obnoxious :censored: at the start of every post you make.
Disagree by all means but c'mon guys lets keep this sort of thing off the forum
boon

Post by boon »

i do apologise for any offence, tyzot, but i had gathered from the 'petty squabbling' thread that dissenting voices were accommodated on this forum
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

I am afraid that Tom's penalty count for the six nations is not pretty reading. Combined with Dan they cost England something like 18 or 19 penalties in the tournament. That is a staggering amount of points, field position, pressure etc that they have conceeded.

To put that in perspective Hartley conceeded something like 2, and even Haskell only something like 4 or 5.

But i think the point is that all the England players are flawed in someway when judged by World standards. Not one of them would get in a World XV.

But between them they form a more than decent squad, that will improve with time.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Boon,

Dissenting voices are to be encouraged - abuse discouraged.

At least that was my take out from the other thread.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Agreed. There is no need for abuse.