Quins and the Treble?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quins and the Treble?

Post by kpb »

After beating Bath today 31-23 and setting up a possible LV cup final against either Sarries or Sale,do Quins have what it takes to Lift all three trophy's this season?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins and the Treble?

Post by ellis9 »

Yes they do but I don't think they will.

The same also applies to Sarries if they win tomorrow. I also don't think they will do the treble either
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

To win all 3 trophies you have to have an exceptional squad and team that hit all the right notes all the time. With a few hiccups form Quins recently, they are showing fallibility and to be fair, they haven't played a top team in the HC yet.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

How good was Luke Wallace today, particularly one off load for Williams second try. All over the park and captain as well. Will be an interesting juggling act to keep him happy behind Robshaw, because he will be attracting a lot of interest.
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

No, i can't see either Quins or sarries doing the treble this season at best they might get 1 trophy each this season.
Grinsteadtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Grinsteadtiger »

No, i can't see either Quins or sarries doing the treble this season at best they might get 1 trophy each this season.
Good point but any predictions as to who gets what?
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Grinsteadtiger wrote:
Grinsteadtiger wrote:
Well we will get one of the 2 on offer, so who will get the other and which one? :smt017
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Anyone else think that a Sarries vs Quins final might help us. That's an extra two games their players will have to play and that would be a big final likely to leave them black, blue and weary.

Meanwhile our non-internationals get a fortnights rest.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

sam16111986 wrote:Anyone else think that a Sarries vs Quins final might help us. That's an extra two games their players will have to play and that would be a big final likely to leave them black, blue and weary.

Yes, I think it will. We have missed out on the treble ourselves in the past when falling at the last hurdle through tiredness.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Hinckley Bob wrote:
sam16111986 wrote:Anyone else think that a Sarries vs Quins final might help us. That's an extra two games their players will have to play and that would be a big final likely to leave them black, blue and weary.

Yes, I think it will. We have missed out on the treble ourselves in the past when falling at the last hurdle through tiredness.
Be very interesting to see if Quins field their "big guns" for the final? On yesterdays evidence not surprised if Quins stick with the same young team.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

A bit off the threads title but did anybody else think that the best refs this weekend were in the LV cup not the 6n
SilebyTiger

Post by SilebyTiger »

sjm: A bit off the threads title but did anybody else think that the best refs this weekend were in the LV cup not the 6n
Leighton Hodges (Quins v Bath) looked very good yesterday and seemed to interpret the game a lot better than most top level referees.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

What a silly thread, how can Quins do the treble when we are going to do the double! Ye of little faith :smt030 :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.