Thank you Richard.....time to move on

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kend
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Thank you Richard.....time to move on

Post by kend »

From what I've seen this season we look far better when the team forget the orders & play what they see, Thompstone's Try in Italy & Bowden's at he weekend are 2 of the best I've seen us score
I'm not sure it's really like that. IMHO a coach doesn't really manage the game as such - the players do that. I can't see Cockers (or any coach for that matter) saying 'don't play heads up rugby' - he might, however, say 'take good risks'. IMHO Bowden's try started with Ford stepping because his kicking option was being closed down, not because he was defying some coaching instruction. Such opportunities arise perhaps once or twice in a game and if you are really lucky with your support runners and a wrong footed defence end up in a spectacular try (incidentally, Thompstone driving Short back 10 metres was key, as it fractured the Sarries defence?).
, but I bet if you could see Cockers reaction to both moves as they start he would of been going puce
Well I imagine he was on his feet with his hands in the air like the rest of us!
os99

Post by os99 »

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Good on you Dan! :smt023
Valhalla I am coming!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Ridiculous comment for a pro player to post. People are entitled to their opinions and if he can't take it he should move on.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

He has not only taken it, he has given as good as he got!
Valhalla I am coming!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Just as an aside, most of the players I have spoken to or asked have confirmed to me that they rarely, if ever, look at this, or the Unoffy because - as Geordie said to me "I'd rather not know, whether it's high praise or the opposite".
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

G.K wrote:Ridiculous comment for a pro player to post. People are entitled to their opinions and if he can't take it he should move on.

As is he.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Didn't say he wasn't, read what I posted will you.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I know for a fact that some look at this forum.
If RC knows he is much criticised in certain quarters I would like to know
where these are, other than this forum and the unoffy.
A life long Tiger
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Phil B wrote:
G.K wrote:Ridiculous comment for a pro player to post. People are entitled to their opinions and if he can't take it he should move on.

As is he.
G.K wrote:Didn't say he wasn't, read what I posted will you.
By adding if he can't take it he should move on are you not suggesting he should not express his opinion?

There would be uproar, and beating of bare chests and accusing me of not allowing freedom of speech if I said that those not happy with Tigers style of play or the way the coaching staff do their jobs that whilst people are entitled to those opinions they should move on!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

If some one called saints no1 or sarries for ever had started this thread we have all rounded on the individual and called for a noose. Because some one purports to be a Tigers fan,sorry but for arguments sake we don't actually know who is actually a season ticket holder or not,they presume a self appointed right to ridicule the players or the coaches,which in turn means the club.
As a life long fan and supporter I will presume the right to say no, I will not have people attacking my club.
Now clearly we are not winning as often as we would all like,something is not quite what it maybe ought to be. But on the field I see people trying,I don't see much of the hands on hips defeated look I have witnessed in other sides.We have an illustrious past and to me the present isn't too shoddy either,we can get better and we will need to if we are to be competing at the sharp end of the season.
Come on all of you,let's get behind the team,let's show them we are no quiters either.
When the season has ended I am sure we will have our points to make,nice if they are constructive and valid, but in the run up to the most important games of the year, I for one say....

COME ON YOU TIGERRrrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Well said indeed Tigerburnie :smt023
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Misery mongers, are we really doing quite as badly as you would have us believe?

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/15973.php

Or is all this simply a cloak of lies, lies and damned statistics...? (carefully written maybe, but all spin?)
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(