Lack of players cost us tonight

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lack of players cost us tonight

Post by smalldell »

Sounds mad but with 7 with England and 1 with Italy plus the injuries it meant RC could do little re subs.

Saracens had the ability to bring on players who had vast experience and the one youngster had plenty of help around him. Tigers fought valiantly but the strain of no back up meant we struggled. Look at the front row, RC's hands were tied, he could not bring on a replacement prop and this cost us.

You can see why I will be glad when the international window is over and can we not play the top two during this again please.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lack of players cost us tonight

Post by Isambard »

Yes I expect we werent good enough. Several soft tries let in acc to to the radio.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

smalldell wrote:Sounds mad but with 7 with England and 1 with Italy plus the injuries it meant RC could do little re subs.

Saracens had the ability to bring on players who had vast experience and the one youngster had plenty of help around him. Tigers fought valiantly but the strain of no back up meant we struggled. Look at the front row, RC's hands were tied, he could not bring on a replacement prop and this cost us.

You can see why I will be glad when the international window is over and can we not play the top two during this again please.
Sadly this is the price we pay for being so good at developing English internationals, we are always going to struggle in the 6 nations period or after a world cup. Untill they restructure the game and not play league games when internationals are on we have little hope of winning these games.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

tigerburnie wrote:
Sadly this is the price we pay for being so good at developing English internationals, we are always going to struggle in the 6 nations period or after a world cup. Until they restructure the game and not play league games when internationals are on we have little hope of winning these games.
I agree that Prem games should not be played during internationals but Saracens were also missing a fair few players, 6 I think.

I'm not prepared to accept that Tigers had little hope of winning tonight because of missing players, Tigers were outplayed over 80 minutes by a similarly affected Saracens squad.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Saracens outplayed Tigers in the second half and did not have the impact forwards to make any changes to the game. Sarries had very few forwards unavailable and had the advantage.
A game that could have been won has slipped away. Some soft tries and missed tackles!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

I agree that prem games should not be played during the A/Is and the 6 nations but we won the first half 17-6 but lost the second 10-26 so given that we were lacking in key areas due to the 6 nations today on your second point i must disagree that we were outplayed over 80 mins and we did suffer tonight
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

sjm wrote:I agree that prem games should not be played during the A/Is and the 6 nations but we won the first half 17-6 but lost the second 10-26 so given that we were lacking in key areas due to the 6 nations today on your second point i must disagree that we were outplayed over 80 mins and we did suffer tonight
Sorry not really clear on my part. Tigers did play very well in the first half but rugby is an 80 minute game and it's the score after 80 that counts!!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

....Tigers fought valiantly but the strain of no back up meant we struggled. Look at the front row, RC's hands were tied,
No back up? he had Tait and Young on the bench for starters. When does he bring them on 5 minutes left and with the game gone.

Saracens in the meantime had swapped their scrum half just after half time, along with other significant replacements.

And people on here still defend RC and MOC, give me strength!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

No. Tonight showed the lack of imagination. Too many excuses for too long. Richard, this is your squad and thy are not up to it. Time to move on.
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

If Ford is the best back up we have then we are in trouble. Throughout the season we have been lucky he has not lost us games due to his decisions and his kicking. Tonight he played a major part in the loss of the game. Why kick it down the necks of strettle and wyles when everybody knows give them room to run they are dangerous. Put Bowden in at 10 and let Murphy kick.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jamiewilkinson wrote:If Ford is the best back up we have then we are in trouble. Throughout the season we have been lucky he has not lost us games due to his decisions and his kicking. Tonight he played a major part in the loss of the game. Why kick it down the necks of strettle and wyles when everybody knows give them room to run they are dangerous. Put Bowden in at 10 and let Murphy kick.
Ford's wild miss pass straight into touch resulted in Sarries bonus point try. Says it all really :smt015
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Forget the internationals missing, the cement was missing in the form of A Allen. People often put him down but he is key to us winning close games.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Agree about AA! - though thought Bowden played well last night.

It has been a difficult 8 days and we need to get a squad that can win well next Saturday. Hopefully AA and a few others will be fit, especially Stankovich to give us realistic cover up front.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

smalldell wrote: It has been a difficult 8 days and we need to get a squad that can win well next Saturday. Hopefully AA and a few others will be fit, especially Stankovich to give us realistic cover up front.
On his RL interview yesterday Cockers said none of the injured will be back for next weekend but they will all be back for Exeter. Hopefully England release TTTE, Flood and Tom Youngs too. Maybe Croft can play every week by now too.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

PM76 wrote:
smalldell wrote: It has been a difficult 8 days and we need to get a squad that can win well next Saturday. Hopefully AA and a few others will be fit, especially Stankovich to give us realistic cover up front.
On his RL interview yesterday Cockers said none of the injured will be back for next weekend but they will all be back for Exeter. Hopefully England release TTTE, Flood and Tom Youngs too. Maybe Croft can play every week by now too.
Now that Farrell is injured I do not think England will let us have Flood back nor Youngs, only realistic chance I think is TTTE. Hope I am proved wrong as we badly need them.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity