Super User

Re: Tigers vs. Saracens

Post by ellis9 »

My bad. I thought we got 4 tries. I swear we got 2 in each half. :smt017

Hhhmm. I must pay more attention :smt003
os99

Post by os99 »

In my opinion we looked good in attack and created some good opportunities. Bowden and Murphy created space, although struggled defensively. In defence we weren't good enough in the second half and were beaten at the breakdown. There's no disgrace in losing by 5 points to Saracens and 4 points to Quins over an international period, still plenty to play for.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

There's no disgrace in losing by 5 points to Saracens and 4 points to Quins over an international period, still plenty to play for.
No problem if you're happy for Tigers to be the third best team in England. Bronze medalists. Also rans.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Purebob wrote:
There's no disgrace in losing by 5 points to Saracens and 4 points to Quins over an international period, still plenty to play for.
No problem if you're happy for Tigers to be the third best team in England. Bronze medalists. Also rans.
No medals have been awarded yet.

If Tigers want to be winning games during the internationals then they need to offload 3 or 4 of the players they lose during this period. The salary cap does not allow recruitment of players of similar quality as cover.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

All this talk of us being at a disadvantage during the 6N's may have some merit against some teams but not against Saffas or Quins who have lost just as many players as us :smt013
stvtgr

Post by stvtgr »

If you look at the Saffers team they were probably only missing 3 automatic first choice players (Barritt, a No 6 & one back three as Wyles rotates with Goode), most of the rest of their starting team yesterday would start as first choice during their rotation policy.

Whereas we were missing 4 first choice forwards (Youngs, Cole, Parling & Deacon), our first choice half backs and both centres and a first choice wing.

That's 9 stand-out, key players missing for Tigers vs 2 or 3. So altho v disappointing result yesterday, I'm confident if both teams were at full strength we would beat them at home and stand a good chance away.

Unfortunately it's looking more like away from home in the play-offs!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

stvtgr wrote:If you look at the Saffers team they were probably only missing 3 automatic first choice players (Barritt, a No 6 & one back three as Wyles rotates with Goode), most of the rest of their starting team yesterday would start as first choice during their rotation policy.

Whereas we were missing 4 first choice forwards (Youngs, Cole, Parling & Deacon), our first choice half backs and both centres and a first choice wing.

That's 9 stand-out, key players missing for Tigers vs 2 or 3. So altho v disappointing result yesterday, I'm confident if both teams were at full strength we would beat them at home and stand a good chance away.

Unfortunately it's looking more like away from home in the play-offs!
What about Vunipola? We are now only 4 points ahead of our competitors so a top four is by no means certain at this stage.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

What about Waldrom?
Nothing is certain, it's sport it never is,that's why it's exciting.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.