Just returned my Sarries ticket to the ticket office

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just returned my Sarries ticket to the ticket office

Post by Isambard »

Earlier this evening I returned my ticket to the office as I am not driving all that way to watch uncomfortable followed by very cold rugby.

Laughed and then cried when I saw the acknowledgement reply which had the words The Home of World Class Rugby.
Tigers marketing department or brand developers as they like to call themselves should eat more beans, stare at the bean tins and absorb the nature of a truly world brand. How does the beans brand tin (which has 53% of the w :smt032 orld market) say this to its purchasers and users.?
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Just returned my Sarries ticket to the ticket office

Post by Isambard »

Had a warm reply from Paul Hayes. Thanks mate. You are doing your best but those who sign the television agreements are the people who ignore the mutuality of contract and allow the tv companies to have total control and become bullies.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Personally, if I'd posted a hissy fit like that on a public forum I'd be rather hoping it dropped down the page fairly sharpish.

:smt017
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Isambard wrote:Earlier this evening I returned my ticket to the office as I am not driving all that way to watch uncomfortable followed by very cold rugby.

Laughed and then cried when I saw the acknowledgement reply which had the words The Home of World Class Rugby.
What would you rather instead of 'The home of world class rugby'?!?!?!

:smt017
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

kpbates wrote:What would you rather instead of 'The home of world class rugby'?!?!?!:smt017
The Home of World Class Whingers?
krwa
Tiger Cub

Post by krwa »

the trouble with some of you you are like sheep if the match was at midnight without floodlights you would all turn up, we are not going as fed up watching boreing rugby
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:
kpbates wrote:What would you rather instead of 'The home of world class rugby'?!?!?!:smt017
The Home of World Class Whingers?
This is about right. "Same old Leicester always Whinging" will be the song sung from the shed soon.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

krwa wrote:the trouble with some of you you are like sheep if the match was at midnight without floodlights you would all turn up, we are not going as fed up watching boreing rugby
That's what being a fan is all about isn't it? Supporting your team, it is not the teams fault they are playing at this time,seems harsh to try punish them for something out of their control.If being the most succesfull team in the Premiership is boring,well if you're adamant,close the door on the way out.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

What would you rather instead of 'The home of world class rugby'?!?!?!

Something that is honest and reflects the culture of the club.

It simply is not true and aspirations should be realistic if they are to have any meaning.

imho. I have always thought that the Leicester way is an honest way.
Marketing bull has no place in such a culture. I would prefer "European Champions 2000 and 2001." or "Premiership Winners x times." It should be truth not hyperbole.

It is in the same damp basket as using the word experience when they mean sponsor.It is very old fashioned and 90's.
eg I regularly have "a match day ball experience". It's when you take your eye off the ball in the Goldsmiths stand and it hits you. Ouch would be a better word, or gotcha.
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

I'm not happy about the time like most of us - but it sure beats some of the junk on Saturday Night TV ( the match excluded!)
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I would certainly prefer to watch Mr Cockerill's Boys than Mrs Brown's!
Valhalla I am coming!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Wouldn't mind watching his real daughter though she is a bit gorgeous!!
https://www.facebook.com/MariaBrownFion ... ref=stream
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

What about something a little less ambitious and nearer the truth such as 'The home of almost world class rugby' or 'The home of most losing finalist'
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
merryperson
Tiger Cub

Post by merryperson »

Does it really matter in the whole scheme of rugby if Tigers describe themselves as the home of world class rugby.As a true supporter of Tigers you have had the chance to go to how many premiership finals? how many Heineken cup finals? and even an LV cup final.
Do you think the supporters of London Welch would even be commenting on such a trival matter as how there team is described when there are bigger rugby issues that are more important.
I realsie that everyone is entitled to their opinion but be realistic?
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

well if you're getting into it what is world class rugby?

you could string that debate out I think, maybe it's not just about what happens on the pitch?