Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Just returned my Sarries ticket to the ticket office

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

MrPartridge wrote:
Iain and Mr Partridge, I hate you both
I hope that is said in jest :smt049
I am only playing the blame game! I cannot go to the game as I have to go abroad on business and therefore because you and Iain are going to game it must be entirely and without question your fault and hence I hate you both. :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Eon

Post by Eon »

I've just been and looked at the Heinz label.

It is a plain simple and only subtly changed in my lifetime.

The assumption behind it seems to be a covert understanding that it's hardly worth making grand statements about biggest or best because everyone knows that anyway and to do so would cheapen the brand.

Let the others make grand claims, flashy guestures and fiddle with the brand.

This is exactly the calm assumption of superiority I associate with tigers.

Thanks Isambard.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Blinkered approach????

Horses with blinkers aren't able to see the wider picture. Same about a lot of posters on here who seem to think that the club is always right.
Well I am not a sheep and would like to see the club do what is always ethicallly right.

I don't pretend that this change is possible immediately but I would like to know that the leadership of the club has an ethical approach to the future planning and timing of the fixture list.

In the motor trade it is called customer care. In the retail trade it is called customer satisfaction leading to repeat business. This club is not good enough to stage a RWC match in the assessment of independent professionals. This fact horrifies me but I am not wearing blinkers.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Isambard - I actually agree with quite a few of your points here.

My point is that a one-off 8pm Saturday night KO is not the disaster some are making it out to be. Am I happy with our increasingly random home fixutres? Answer 'No'. But do I expect all matches to start at 3pm on a Saturday? Also 'No'. Frankly I would like to see a few more 'night' games.

My view is that the culprits here are ESPN, not Tigers. If we want to make a stand why don't all the fans on the Crumbie Terrace turn their back on the game (ala Poznan and Man City) when it kicks of and for the first minute, as a message to viewers, ESPN and the club...

As for WR not being selected as a RWC venue. I have sympathy for the club on this. Given that Gloucester is in the running for the RWC this snub seems a purely political decision. I'm not sure how any rugby fan can claim that Kingsholm is a better stadium than WR...
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Isambard wrote:Blinkered approach????

Horses with blinkers aren't able to see the wider picture. Same about a lot of posters on here who seem to think that the club is always right.
Well I am not a sheep and would like to see the club do what is always ethicallly right.
Which is what? You have a strange approach to what 'blinkered' means.I would imagine that their will be 20,000+ blinkered rugby fans at Welford road Saturday evening.

We now we get the picture that you are not happy and have returned your ticket.We also know that you do not agree that WR is home of anything near world class rugby.And you think that the club offers :censored: customer satisfaction/care,and we also know that you feel many members of this forum are 'sheep'.

Anything else you wish to add? :smt015
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

Yes you misread my posts.

and believe what you want to believe.

which is blinkered.

No I am not saying that the crowd on Saturday night are blinkered. But some of the people wh post on this forum certainly are.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Isambard wrote:Blinkered approach????

I don't pretend that this change is possible immediately but I would like to know that the leadership of the club has an ethical approach to the future planning and timing of the fixture list.

In the motor trade it is called customer care. In the retail trade it is called customer satisfaction leading to repeat business. This club is not good enough to stage a RWC match in the assessment of independent professionals. This fact horrifies me but I am not wearing blinkers.
As a fan of many sports, I would not class supporting a team or individual as the same as purchasing a commodity.Fans tend to support their chosen heroes through thick and thin.Not look for the buy one get one free offers.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Fans tend to support their chosen heroes through thick and thin.
And how many matches have you been to this season tigerburnie?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Supporting doesn't always mean going to matches. Not everyone can get to them, or can afford to?
Valhalla I am coming!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Before anyone starts, let's not make this into an "I'm a better fan than you because..." thread. Everyone has choices, and they make those choices for their own reasons. It doesn't make anyone less of a suppporter if they don't attend all home games, or if they don't attend any away games....life has a way of throwing spanners into the works. Arguing over who is a "better" or "proper" supporter is just pointless.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rizzo wrote:Before anyone starts, let's not make this into an "I'm a better fan than you because..." thread. Everyone has choices, and they make those choices for their own reasons. It doesn't make anyone less of a suppporter if they don't attend all home games, or if they don't attend any away games....life has a way of throwing spanners into the works. Arguing over who is a "better" or "proper" supporter is just pointless.
Here here :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Pete wrote:
Fans tend to support their chosen heroes through thick and thin.
And how many matches have you been to this season tigerburnie?
Quite a few Pete, most Saturdays I will watch a game,usually in Perth or Aberdeen,sometimes at Murrayfield,you know, where I live.When I was playing the game I didn't get to Welford Road very often right through the 1960'.70's and early 80's,didn't mean as a lad born and bred in the county,that I wasn't a supporter and a fan. I even supported them when playing against the Tigers in a pre season friendly.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Plenty of the regulars who sit around me in the CAT Stand were missing or had given their season tickets to friends, so I'd love to know what the actual attendance was last night as opposed to the 20,700 or so that's on the fixtures page. Bleddyn reckoned it was around 15 - 16,000 on the radio.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I thought about 16 - 16500 was about right. The Terrace was nowhere near full, and the CAT and A&L were very gappy. Sitting in the Crumbie, I couldn't really see how full it was.
Valhalla I am coming!
leybournetiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by leybournetiger »

Rizzo wrote:Before anyone starts, let's not make this into an "I'm a better fan than you because..." thread. Everyone has choices, and they make those choices for their own reasons. It doesn't make anyone less of a suppporter if they don't attend all home games, or if they don't attend any away games....life has a way of throwing spanners into the works. Arguing over who is a "better" or "proper" supporter is just pointless.

I think me and my seven mates from Kent who made the 300 mile round trip are the best supporters but only because we ate more hog rolls, gourmet burgers,and 'curry in a box' than should have been possible. I also drank enough Everards to kill a reasonably sized hippo.
Thoroughly enjoyed the day, including the rugby and will be back soon....
Be like Jon Bon Jovi and 'Keep the Faith'
:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: