Healy cited (topic title updated)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Healy cited (topic title updated)

Post by mightymouse »

Hopefully Healy will be cited for a couple of grim instances on Saturday worst of which was the stamp to Dan Coles Ankle.

With Murray away at church when Scotland play Ireland it would be handy to have Healy unavaible too. .... and he deserves it for an act that could have resultled in a broken ankle for another player
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: healy should be cited

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I thought Austin had said something on ESPN to upset you for a minute :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Murray is finding a bit of form in the tight again,but offered little in the loose,he doesn't carry or tackle like he used to,less of a loss these days.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Healy should be cited

Post by sapajo »

mightymouse wrote:Hopefully Healy will be cited for a couple of grim instances on Saturday worst of which was the stamp to Dan Coles Ankle.

With Murray away at church when Scotland play Ireland it would be handy to have Healy unavaible too. .... and he deserves it for an act that could have resultled in a broken ankle for another player
Interesting to see if he actually gets cited for both his illegal use of his boot and his punching.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I will be totally amazed if he is not.

Disgusting stamp.
Jose
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jose »

The commentators including Keith Wood all acknowledged that Healy appeared to have completely lost control, which just isn't acceptable at international level. Should be given a ban which involves missing at least a couple of Ireland games, considering the stamp and the punches. Would be great if Scotland could beat Ireland too. Am bored with the choke tackle and their relentless cheeating at the breakdown.

It's also extremely ironic that various apologists for Healy are whinging about Cole being on the wrong side. If Wales had done what Healy did every time the Irish were on the wrong side the previous week then there would be no Irish players without significant boot marks in them. Thank God Ireland have had 2 weeks of French refs to ensure something like fair play. Suspect that if they'd have had their best mate Owens reffing either then they wouldn't have got binned or given away key penalties.
Joe The Tigers Fan
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

tigerburnie wrote:Murray is finding a bit of form in the tight again,but offered little in the loose,he doesn't carry or tackle like he used to,less of a loss these days.
Murray made 14 tackles against the Italians, and didn't miss any. He put himself about a lot more than he did at Twickenham.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

saw it for the first time this morning - shocking, hopefully will get a significant ban. no place for that in the game.
cheers
Rich
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

biffer wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:Murray is finding a bit of form in the tight again,but offered little in the loose,he doesn't carry or tackle like he used to,less of a loss these days.
Murray made 14 tackles against the Italians, and didn't miss any. He put himself about a lot more than he did at Twickenham.
I think the Italians simply ran onto him.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

ESPN Rugby reports he has been cited.

http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/st ... a=chromium
Last edited by fleabane on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla I am coming!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

[quote="mightymouse"]Hopefully Healy will be cited for a couple of grim instances on Saturday worst of which was the stamp to Dan Coles Ankle.

With Murray away at church when Scotland play Ireland it would be handy to have Healy unavaible too. .... and he deserves it for an act that could have resultled in a broken ankle for another player[/quote]

It looks like in the 37th minute he tries to gouge Dan Cole also
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Dan Cole didn't look as strong after the stamp, and later on got treatment on one ankle. I can't remember if it was the one Healy attacked. Second half we didn't have the same scrum dominance.

Given that the Irish knew they were likely to be up against it you have to wonder whether it was premeditated, after Healy saw Dan lying there unprotected, so he took hs chance. Keith Wood went down in my estimation when trying to suggest that given the angle of stamp it was fair.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

It will be interesting to see whether Healy pleads guilty , shows remorse and throws himself on the mercy of the court. In slo mo there was little doubt that it was premeditated and the intent was to injure.

Should be 12 weeks but likely will be two.
Still keeping the faith!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

TomWeston wrote:Dan Cole didn't look as strong after the stamp, and later on got treatment on one ankle. I can't remember if it was the one Healy attacked. Second half we didn't have the same scrum dominance.

Keith Wood went down in my estimation when trying to suggest that given the angle of stamp it was fair.

I think it was Matthews that seemed to think it was acceptable and who had a few words with Pitbull. Keith Woods roundly condemned Healy and said he had lost control.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Shocking unjustified use of the boot on Cole that could have broke his ankle and add to that his flurry of punches he should miss the rest of six nations, Wood intially trying to justify the stamp was pathetic and he soon back tracked, it was a violent and out of control act that must be punished!! :smt018