George Chuter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bundy

George Chuter

Post by Bundy »

I hear that Chutes may be off to Sale next season - really hope he stays for one last hurrah and Testimonial! :smt027
Last edited by Bundy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: George Chuter

Post by BJ. »

Delete the other thread please, Bundy.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Couldn't begrudge Chutes a chance to top up his pension, presumably Sale will be offering a better deal than Tigers. The rumour was in today's Rugby Paper for those who like a source. Would love to see him stay but he is definitely third choice now and Stevens has looked good when I've seen him.

On the Rugby Show on Radio Leicester a couple of weeks ago he did say that there had been no talks with Tigers about renewing his deal, in typical Chutes fashion he did admit that he would be low down the re-signing pecking order.

Hope he stays!! If he does go he deserves a good send-off, a true legend!!
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

If he goes, will he still contribute to the programme? Always a good read.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Maybe with Lee Mears retiring he could go to our retirement home in the West Country rather than up north to Sale.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I know the modern professional game leaves little room for sentiment within the salary cap, but it would be nice if he could stay until he retires. TRUE TIGER :smt038 :smt038
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

From the BBC today http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21443475
At 36 it's not likely he'll get much game time anywhere else and IMO every effort should be made to keep him on with an eye towards a future coaching role. He's got a sharp rugby brain and twice the experience most players retire with, it'd be a huge loss practically and sentimentally to see him leave in the summer.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

We need a 3rd hooker in the first team squad.

Is it to be Jimmy Stevens ?

Unlikely to be George or Brookes now, it seems.

Presumably Cockers is currently looking outside the club and trying to do a deal (the next Ben Kayser would be great, for example)....

The quote from Cockers also suggests that Tigers do not see George going into a coaching role at the club (at this time) either.

Perhaps next season he could do a player/coach role at a championship club like Sale instead ? :smt016

I will miss his programme contributions, but will continue to enjoy his tweets !

Good luck Chutes - a true Tiger and long serving rugby legend :smt038
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Jimmy Stevens should be given the spot of 3rd hooker. Leicester have taken the time to develop him and invested in him so give the lad a chance to step up.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I have fond memories of when George signed for us. We signed him from Sarries and initially I thought what a waste of a signing, I went to an away game at Sarries and George was outside the ground with a burger in his hand and I thought he will never make it for us. He then proceeded to disappear for a couple of years into the Tigers factory and re-appeared as the George we all know and love.

I learnt my lesson then and will always trust the Tigers behind the scenes work to develop the players. Perhaps the lesson I learned and George are to blame for me being a happy clapper!

Will miss George and his humour if he goes but if he does and returns with the opposition I am sure he will always get a warm welcome.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Harry Thacker, son of ex hooker Troy, is also progressing well, although size may be an issue with him as he isn't the biggest.
Eon

Post by Eon »

I'm fairly sure I remember a young and rampaging George scoring a hat trick for us against decent opposition, although in a second tier competition.

Always a great competitor, strong, aggressive but essential fair. A great role model and hopefully can find somewhere to pass the skills and attitude on. Clearly ought be somewhere without an outstanding hooker already in the coaching structure.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I wish him well, he has done sterling work for us, a true Tiger.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Eon wrote: Clearly ought be somewhere without an outstanding hooker already in the coaching structure.
Saints? :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Eon wrote: Clearly ought be somewhere without an outstanding hooker already in the coaching structure.
Saints? :smt002

Cheeky ! :smt044 :smt023