So how did we get on today?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

So how did we get on today?

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

With a distinct lack of postings after our win today, and me not getting to the game, how did we do?

Are the happy clappers clapping or are the doom mongers moaning because we didn't get 4 tries?
SilebyTiger

Re: So how did we get on today?

Post by SilebyTiger »

Not disappointed about not getting the TBP but we played poorly with no intensity. Welsh pack seemed to match us in the scrum, Ford kicked everything away and we squandered numerous overlaps.

Positives were Croft who got through 70 minutes and both wingers who both look hungry and likely to score at anytime.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

A missed opportunity for a five pointer, poor scrappy game. My biggest worry is that we are still making to many mistakes. We need to ramp it up because if we play like that against Sarries amd Quinns its nil points. :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

Sapajo - "we are making to many mistakes". Get the spelling right when you make such an assertion!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Zdzislaw wrote:Sapajo - "we are making to many mistakes". Get the spelling right when you make such an assertion!

Feel like I have just been ravished by a very wet sheep :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

It was a win, Crofty looked decent for 70 minutes, other than that there were a lot of poor decisions made and it was disappointing that the only urgency seen in the entire 80 minutes was when Bowden scored the last try and there was 40 seconds left on the clock. Why couldn't that urgency have been shown for the 80 minutes? or at least 40?
Mafi is my man.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

sapajo wrote:
Zdzislaw wrote:Sapajo - "we are making to many mistakes". Get the spelling right when you make such an assertion!
Feel like I have just been ravished by a very wet sheep :smt015 :smt015 :smt015
Didn't know you were Welsh.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mrs G said 'one day tigers will actually play a whole game of good attacking rugby. I just hope it's Saracens on the receiving end, prefer it in the Final"
Amen, wifely one.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

During the 6N is the period when the weaker teams get a chance to turnover teams that are weakened by international call ups. For example Saracens getting beaten by London Irish.

A win, in fact any win is a bonus during this period.

So not an outstanding performance but 4 points in the bag and no injuries that I'm aware of, and Tom Croft played 70 mins of rugby and showed evidence of getting back towards his for self.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

There can be a tendency on here to forget that when Tigers play there is also another team on the pitch who have a say in what happens.

I felt London Welsh came with a very negative mind set today, wanting to stop Tigers playing rather than trying to play a game themselves. There was lots of infringement at the breakdown (much of which Mr Wigglesworth let them get away with, ditto offside)to slow Tigers turnover opportunities, lots of delay at line out time, and significantly very little offered in the way of attacking intent - quite early on they were seeking kicks at goal from a long way out rather than setting out to head for the line.

Yes we can say Tigers perhaps didn'tplay the ref and the negativity of LW too well, but it's a well known fact that teams play as well as their opposition.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

drc_007 wrote:During the 6N is the period when the weaker teams get a chance to turnover teams that are weakened by international call ups. For example Saracens getting beaten by London Irish.

A win, in fact any win is a bonus during this period.

So not an outstanding performance but 4 points in the bag.
I agree with the sentiment but Welsh were there for the taking today - they played very lttle rugby apart from the opening 5 minutes and when we were down to 14 men (as thebearisstilldeano points out).

With the tema we put out and some major commitment to achieving the bonus point, we could have played a much better game today.

The urgency shown at 89.50 on the clock compared to the rest of the game was laughable TBH.....

The defining moment for me was at 10-3 up with their #7 sin binned and we got a penalty in their 22, we opted for the kick at goal when a scrum was the CLEAR choice as we should be pushing for the bonus point at this point........

Sort it out Cockers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Jay C wrote: Sort it out Cockers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013
Careful people will start slagging you off!! :smt015 :smt015

I'd VERY much concur with it though!!! :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Jay C wrote:
drc_007 wrote: The defining moment for me was at 10-3 up with their #7 sin binned and we got a penalty in their 22, we opted for the kick at goal when a scrum was the CLEAR choice as we should be pushing for the bonus point at this point........

Sort it out Cockers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013
So who's fault is that? Did they all look over to Cockers and ask him what to do? Or could it be by any chance that the captain made the call.

How is it always Cockers fault? OK he is the DOR but as far as I can remember, he actually retired from playing some years ago. Some posters must accept that it's the players on the pitch that make the call sometimes.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

^ ^ ^ Very rarely!
Valhalla I am coming!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

drc - Mat Tait didn't look good when he came off, looked like a groin let's hope not, he seemed to pull up chasing a kick!