So how did we get on today?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sparkie

Re: So how did we get on today?

Post by Sparkie »

:smt024 Don't complain about a lack of coaching when players make the odd mistake every player on the field is human not a machine. Teams like Sarries are heavily coached and end up playing boring tryless games. their one tactic seams to be hoof the ball up the field and con the ref into awarding a penalty.
Remember the glory years when the likes of Austin Healy where totally unpredictable. You can't coach that.
Sorry to bang on but I enjoyed the game and a win is a win. :smt024
Don't complain about a lack of coaching when players make the odd mistake every player on the field is human not a machine. Teams like Sarries are heavily coached and end up playing boring tryless games. their one tactic seams to be hoof the ball up the field and con the ref into awarding a penalty.
Remember the glory years when the likes of Austin Healy where totally unpredictable. You can't coach that.
The older I get the better I use to play.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Sparkie wrote::smt024 Don't complain about a lack of coaching when players make the odd mistake every player on the field is human not a machine. Teams like Sarries are heavily coached and end up playing boring tryless games. their one tactic seams to be hoof the ball up the field and con the ref into awarding a penalty.
Don't complain about a lack of coaching when players make the odd mistake every player on the field is human not a machine. Teams like Sarries are heavily coached and end up playing boring tryless games. their one tactic seams to be hoof the ball up the field and con the ref into awarding a penalty.
Can tell you're a senior member. :smt018
Can tell you're a senior member. :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Sparkie

Post by Sparkie »

So far nobody has mentioned the really important issue. What happened to Hawkins boot]
The older I get the better I use to play.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Hawkins lost a stud out of his left boot...he was given Balmains right boot initially before ending up with the left one!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

We got the win, and we had a few laughs.
Henson scuffed a practise drop kick which was followed by cheers of laughter and banter and a smile from himself, then nails the next, again followed by laughter and banter and a small fist pump by henson to acknowledge the crowd.
Hawkins boot !
Munipolo's crown jewels and the attempt to get the feeling back to the them.

A good result playing against a team that played very negatively.

Top of the table with the next two games being massive.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Rugby needs players like Henson. He took the jeers in good heart, interacted with the crowd, and his all-too-brief cameo on the pitch showed just how good he could be again. :smt023
Valhalla I am coming!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

I thought Henson showed glimpses of real class . To catch that wild pass with one hand and bring it down whilst at full pace was something very few other players could do . What a wasted talent - I wouldn't mind him in our back line .
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Completely agree with Henson. How long has he got left at Welsh?
He looked a different class.