Six nations opening weekend

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Six nations opening weekend

Post by TigerLad »

Ireland winning 20-0 after 30 minutes. Ireland look good and Zebo showed a bit of outrageous skill to kick the ball into his hand from behind his back using his heel. If Ireland hang on to this they could be on for a grand slam. I know it's early but they only have to play Scotland and Italy away. Or maybe it's just the taffs making Ireland look good...
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Six nations opening weekend

Post by Darc Tiger »

Zebo's heel flick was ridiculous! Wales haven't moved on from the autumn. Still dire. Can't see many Lions in there.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Now 30-10 but is it me? Even on replay Wales scored via an offside block of two or three Irish tacklers, pushed out of the way.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Not just you jg, but Wales cross the line again after some magnificent Irish defence with Best off for 10 mins. Try awarded.

Game on!
Valhalla I am coming!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Just seen who the ref is for Eng v Scots b-----y Roland, that's that then :smt013 :smt013
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

fleabane wrote:Not just you jg, but Wales cross the line again after some magnificent Irish defence with Best off for 10 mins. Try awarded.

Game on!
Try three with two players completely off their feet diving in. Every ruddy breakdown is the same.

Why bother with rules when even decent refs like Poite can't bother to enforce them?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

At least the most deserving side won, BOD rightful MOM.
Valhalla I am coming!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I'm not the greatest fan of Welsh Rugby but I thought that they deserved to win.

I thought two of the tries that Ireland scored should have been ruled out.

There was a forward pass on the far side in the build up to the first Ireland try and the try by Ireland in the second half should not have occurred as they gained possession from an offside defensive line.

I thought that we had Poite's half brother Roman Prat refereeing the first match of the Six Nations today. Prat seemed to allow Ireland to repeatedly infringe and it took on average 8 infringements before he would give a penalty. Not good enough when Ireland would gain possession back after the referee had missed them infringe multiple times.

The recent game plan of Ireland has been appallingly cynical. Almost as much as New Zealand.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rolland. England done for a dubious in-at-the-side, Scotland doing it most of the time (like Scotland A) and three on the trot including a horizontal side entry - no penalty.

England tactics not the best. Need to suffocate Scotland. Lots of possession but need to maul it not keep offloading.

Scots last penalty - what for? Both England players on their feet? Commentary team huffed and puffed trying not to say 'rubbish decision'.

IMO Rolland is doing his usual thing.....although he finally spotted Murray engaging in his usual manner.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

It was a clear side entry!
England playing well, good open game. Mixed so far from Tigers boys. Some poor hands from Cole and out scrummaged a few times. Parling ran over twice but Youngs brothers playing well. Best passing I have ever seen from Ben Youngs. 12T is a lovely well balanced player! Farrell has the 10 shirt nailed on now I think and deservedly so!
Cheery chappy
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Swallow my prejudice - Farrell played superbly.

The scrummaging difficulties came principally from the early Scots hit. They were always ahead of the call, England largely on it. Another ref would've stuffed them.

My MOTM was Ben Youngs - Care may have scored but his greed was directly responsible for one try against and several missed opportunities. BY also looked to use 12T a lot and it paid off.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bens passing to 36 made Farrell look good, he only had to take the kicks, Bens miss passes saved him from exposure, how was he MOM, Robshaw was great, so were others, all ahead of Farrell,

Would like to see 36 and Manu together next week.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Did anyone see the T Youngs incident which led to the try being disallowed?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

kingol22 wrote:Did anyone see the T Youngs incident which led to the try being disallowed?
Only the touch judge... Barely a mention by the beeb.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Ireland were absent in the second half and will fail when BOD goes,they were nothing without him.Never thought a team could be so influenced by just one person,but Ireland were very poor and needed his leadership. Still think Wales could end up in battle for the wooden spoon with the loser of the Scotland Italy game next week
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.