Squad Changes 2013-2014 Season & Transfer Rumours Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Squad Changes 2013-2014 Season & Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by G.K »

Unless they are props they must also be able to sit on the bench for 70+ minutes and then turn the game around before full time.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

We still cannot have a thread on this forum without the knockers trying to twist the theme! :smt013
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/domestic ... ryan-lamb/

Interesting interview with Anthony Allen who talks about how he thinks Lamb will benefit Tigers and likewise.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Off topic, but also some interesting comments regarding Allen's England chances. More than deserves his shot.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Darc Tiger wrote:Off topic, but also some interesting comments regarding Allen's England chances. More than deserves his shot.
It's not very often that I agree with Stuart Barnes, but I recall from a televised game earlier in the season him singing AA's praises and saying that he was an excellent club player and that he hopes that is the way he stays.

He's clearly not an international 12, despite the fact that week in week out he's excellent for us and is the glue that holds our midfield together so often.

As much as I want our lads to get recognition, I think he's better off staying with us where he is valued and is exceptional as opposed to being viewed as an England nearly man.

I will now go back and get into my straight jacket for agreeing with Barnes....shame on me!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I just think that he could offer more to England than Barritt.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Wicus Blaauw (credit to Sapajo) linked in The Rugby Paper apparently and in first post.

Blaauw was decent from my knowledge of his Super 15 games and would make a great squad player to challenge Ayerza. Haven't seen him at Biarritz but provided he hasn't gone soft I'd be inclined to be happy with this - though it may hamper Balmain's move into the first team depending on what position and time frame that is expected to be over.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Blaauw would be a good signing IMO and is more than a "journeyman", I think he would probably only come if Castro was definitely leaving and would cover Loosehead with Logo moving to TH. That shouldn't affect Balmain too much as he has mainly played at TH for the first team.

Although Blaauw could be a replacement for Boris, as the Castro deal doesn't look like a certainty yet.
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

I am almost reluctant to post this but the Castro situation seems to have gone very quiet - I do wonder if, with 6 nations performaces in mind, that Toulon no longer think he is worth the investment. I am increasingly of the opinion that he will be with Tigers next season.
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
JerryGas

Post by JerryGas »

Forgot - many thanks Kornboy for maintaining an excellent thread.
Jerry, Crumbie terrace season ticket holder from South Glos.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Stankovitch hasn't been the same since that shoulder injury. If he can slide into a French team for a pension top up I wouldn't blame him and we gain a younger fitter loosehead to help us cover for Ayerza's Argentina commitments at the start of next season.

Super 15 and Top 14 experience with no international standing, meaning he'll be available all year roubd. The scouts in France strike again.
jauzy19
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jauzy19 »

Blaauw is a poor scrummager, and he isn't very mobile. He has been a poor signing for Biarritz, now he never plays. Leicester deserves a better player.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

jauzy19 wrote:Blaauw is a poor scrummager, and he isn't very mobile. He has been a poor signing for Biarritz, now he never plays. Leicester deserves a better player.
Unfortunately Jauzy the salary cap has a say in every signing and re-signing Tigers make. Unlimited spending is only an option in the Top 14!!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

That is quite a surprise from my knowledge of him as a Super 15 player - but cheers for the update Jauzy.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

If Biarritz are getting shot of this guy, half way through his contract then why on earth would we need him???
Another :censored: journeyman, I see Stancaster and Cockerill cast from the same mould..