Squad Changes 2013-2014 Season & Transfer Rumours Thread

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Squad Changes 2013-2014 Season & Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Fresh from ESPN, Lahiff is apparently interesting Reds and Rebels, being Aussie qualified, and Clermont looking to lure Halfpenny

http://blogs.espnscrum.com/Rumour-Mill/ ... a_rebe.php

http://blogs.espnscrum.com/Rumour-Mill/ ... in_the.php
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote:only leaves Morris as our other option, promising player but has been used mainly on the wing thus far.
Not an issue. Murphy spent most of the time at 14 before Stimmo moved on.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With no offer from Toulon on the table yet, wonder if Castro is staying now for another year?
Nothing heard yet from Barf about Ford either,the longer this goes on it makes you wonder if either will be leaving.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Lets be honest here, if I was Toulon, and the way his form has fluctuated this year, maybe they are having second thoughts...!!
Legend he is, but everyone's time comes eventually....

Mind you , as with Rooney, a month with a pair of Royal Marine Personal Trainers and a regimented diet with no alcohol, and in one case , fags--would probably make an enormous difference..

If I was Castros agent, I would also suggest a complete revamp and makeover, hair cut, shave, the :censored: lot.--exactly what Sir Clive has suggested.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Didn't fare well yesterday either and the Italian scrum improved after he departed.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mersey Tiger

Post by Mersey Tiger »

Tigerburnie reasonably asked if Castro and GF will actually be leaving at the end of the season.

Give that Castro has a contract that runs into next year he will not be going unless Toulon (or someone else) comes up with sufficient readies to tempt Tigers.

GF WILL be going because he has no contract beyond the end of the season and Tigers have now signed the young Welsh lad as a replacement.

Much as some people might like to see it I don't believe Halfpenny will be coming to Tigers. The Rugby paper link that someone posted about Clermont considering him indicated that he is contracted in Wales for next year. Tigers will not pay a transfer fee. :smt009
Neil Back is the Greatest!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'd forgotten that Fords contract is up this season, he must be getting a tad nervous if Barf haven't made him an offer yet.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Updated.
Mersey Tiger

Post by Mersey Tiger »

Just seen a report about Tom May turning down the chance to come to Tigers!

Quote: "Saints centre Tom May has rejected the chance to join Leicester Tigers in favour of a move to London Welsh, the (Northampton) Chron understands. The 34-year-old is understood to have turned down a one-year deal at Tigers, as a summer switch to Welsh will allow him to further his off-pitch interests."

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport ... -1-4887293

I must admit that I did not see that one coming - and still cannot see where it came from!! :smt017

Either the NChron has got duff info or it is true. If it were to be true then the question has to be asked as to why Tigers would be looking to offer someone of May's age a contract, and a one-year one at that? This would normally be interpreted as Tigers (or any club) needing to plug a gap for one year because (e.g.) someone is definitely coming in the following season in that position (Marquee player?), an existing player is injured and likely to be out for most of next season, it is World Cup year (which it isn't!!). And May is a centre - so what does that tell us? Cover for Manu is insufficient with Smith and Forsyth? Maybe Forsyth is leaving (as has been rumoured on this Forum) and May was to provide interim cover while a "bigger fish" was sought for the following year?

I have always thought that May is a good player - so I am not questioning the quality of the guy - it is just that I cannot see a logic.

Any of you Sherlock Holmeses out there care to comment/ speculate?
Neil Back is the Greatest!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Maybe we were covering our bases in case we didn;t land Williams or Lamb or something?
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Halfpenny could play in the centers if needed.... :smt047
boon

Post by boon »

tom may is the oft mentioned utility back. he can do a decent job from 10-15 when called upon. still a decent turn of pace, good rugby brain.

i would be sad to see him leave,whether to you or welsh or someone else - i know saints made him an offer and i reckon he is still a good guy to have in the squad.
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Im wondering if Forsyth might sign for Nottingham if he is leaving as Tim Streather is reported to be signing for Saracens. We've re-signed Joe Munro and Joe Cobden in the centres but Forsyth has been doing a pretty solid job off the bench for us. Failing that, I bet London Irish are after him :smt013
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,2588 ... 60,00.html

This may be already on here but it appears Harris and Lewington are off to Irish.
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Could this be a swap deal, maybe Irish have said, "Barf are interested in Watson etc., you can have first refusal if we can have some of yours in return?"
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan