12T or not 12T - the nation holds its breath....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: 12T or not 12T - the nation holds its breath....

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Crumblies wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:Good luck to Billy on Saturday. I would like to see a back line of Youngs, Burns, 12t's, Tuilagi, Brown, Foden, Ashton in the future.
Surely not you couldn't possibly be advocating 12Ts ahead of Anthony Allen after all the years you defended RC's preference.
I was wondering when you would crawl out and have a go at me! How about paying £25 to Matt Hampson Trust after your love-in with Boon that Saints would do better than the Tigers in the HC this season!

In response to your post, if Billy was still here at Tigers I would still back the selection of Allen ahead of Billy as he is key to the way we play. If you look beyond your hatred of me you would see that I have never knocked Billy as some have towards Allen. I simply have my preference as does Cockers and I am entitled to my opinion and the freedom to express it.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Interesting to see that the Independent today confirms what many thought, that 12T moved to get gametime and SL was always going to pick him after that! It also intimates that confidence was an issue.
(can't do link at work).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I can see Billy doing all right,there's a good pack in front,it's just that the game plan of one pass go into contact may leave him with little room to show his skills.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

I was wondering when you would crawl out and have a go at me! How about paying £25 to Matt Hampson Trust after your love-in with Boon that Saints would do better than the Tigers in the HC this season
Urhm factual recollection was never your strong point. Perhaps you'd like to refer back to that actual terms of the bet then come back and apologise.
In response to your post, if Billy was still here at Tigers I would still back the selection of Allen ahead of Billy as he is key to the way we play. If you look beyond your hatred of me you would see that I have never knocked Billy as some have towards Allen. I simply have my preference as does Cockers and I am entitled to my opinion and the freedom to express it.
I do not hate you as I have said many times before, just as I have always said people have the right to an opinion and the freedom to express it. But I strongly object to a hypocrite who, for years out of blind loyalty, defends a coach who ignores obvious potential, and then does an about face to offer an oppoosite opinion as pearls of wisdom.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Crumblies wrote:
I do not hate you as I have said many times before, just as I have always said people have the right to an opinion and the freedom to express it. But I strongly object to a hypocrite who, for years out of blind loyalty, defends a coach who ignores obvious potential, and then does an about face to offer an oppoosite opinion as pearls of wisdom.
I am quite happy to be blindly loyal to the team that I love. I have not done any about face. I happen to think Allen is still the best player to play 12 for us even if Billy was still here. At the same time I don't see anything wrong with wishing Billy all the best. At least I don't have a one track, miserable moaning mind that cannot praise someone when they do well.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Crumblies wrote: But I strongly object to a hypocrite who, for years out of blind loyalty, defends a coach who ignores obvious potential, and then does an about face to offer an oppoosite opinion as pearls of wisdom.
I thought that was a requirement to be an armchair pundit,certainly the one on the television do it all the time.
It's only those with a grudge and an axe to grind that don't have the ability to modify their position should conditions/situations change.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I happen to think Allen is still the best player to play 12 for us even if Billy was still here
I tend to think of 12T in a different way. I prefer to image him breaking through gaps with this new found confidence and physicality and releasing his centre partner or a flying runner such as Tait into space causing chaos or if we faced a side that only wished to defend he has the hands and feet to open them up!
Cheery chappy
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Crumblies wrote:
I was wondering when you would crawl out and have a go at me! How about paying £25 to Matt Hampson Trust after your love-in with Boon that Saints would do better than the Tigers in the HC this season
Urhm factual recollection was never your strong point. Perhaps you'd like to refer back to that actual terms of the bet then come back and apologise.
Please read my post carefully, I was not asking you to pay because you lost the bet but because of your love-in with Boon and yet again having a go at me. I am surprised that someone who claims to be a fan never has anything good to say about the coaches!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

jgriffin wrote:Interesting to see that the Independent today confirms what many thought, that 12T moved to get gametime and SL was always going to pick him after that! It also intimates that confidence was an issue.
(can't do link at work).
linky for you
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
Crumblies wrote:
Please read my post carefully, I was not asking you to pay because you lost the bet but because of your love-in with Boon and yet again having a go at me. I am surprised that someone who claims to be a fan never has anything good to say about the coaches!
Can you please translate this into English so I can understand what it is your on about?

I took up an offer from Boon of a bet which ultimately would support the Matt Hampson trust. If Tigers went further that Saints he would pay, if Saints went further than Tigers I would pay. Given the relative draws I thought I was being very loyal to the Tigers and pretty generous.

Your comments lack sense or reason. But then how can you talk sense and reason to someone who is neither sensible or reasonable?
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Crumblies wrote:
Can you please translate this into English so I can understand what it is your on about?
Your comments lack sense or reason. But then how can you talk sense and reason to someone who is neither sensible or reasonable?
Well if you cannot read English I suggest you go back to school. If you want to wallow in misery that is your right, if I am happy with the Tigers team and the coaches that is my right. From your postings you do not appear to be reasonable or sensible so it's like the kettle calling the pot black. Before Rizzo gets upset let's just agree for once on one thing and that is that we are unlikely to see eye to eye.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Congratulations to the multi-talented Billy Twelvetrees.

We all (almost) knew he would represent England sooner rather than later if he got regular game time and good coaching.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Concur,Agreed,absolutely.
A life long Tiger
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
Crumblies wrote:
Well if you cannot read English I suggest you go back to school. If you want to wallow in misery that is your right, if I am happy with the Tigers team and the coaches that is my right. From your postings you do not appear to be reasonable or sensible so it's like the kettle calling the pot black. Before Rizzo gets upset let's just agree for once on one thing and that is that we are unlikely to see eye to eye.

I am not upset in the slightest, but I do suggest that you either agree to disagree and be civil about it or you take your personal bickering back and forth to PM or elsewhere.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Handbags, ref, only handbags. :smt018
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.