Micky Young

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Micky Young

Post by bc »

Reports suggest that Micky Young will be leaving Tigers at the end of this season - not sure if this is at Tigers instigation or the player's. Whatever, I do think that this would be a loss, IMO he is a better player than Harrison and poses more questions for defenders. Last Saturday we got a glimpse of what injuries,bans and Tigers selections have denied us.
I hope he stays and is allowed to challenge Ben Youngs we don't want to lose another young talented back.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Micky Young

Post by mike »

I must say that I agree with you .
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

An excellent player with all the required skills. I too hope that he stays.
os99

Post by os99 »

Offers more of a threat than Harrison, but Harrison has the better pass. If Mele is signing then surely we're not going to keep Youngs, Harrison, Young and Steele as well.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Young has not fulfilled his full potential at Tigers, sadly his injuries and that early ban has not helped him.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

+1

I hope MY will not be just a wasted investment. He will absolutely thrive given lots of first team games wherever he goes IMO.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Not seen enough of him playing to really form a judgement. Find it odd though that we sign someone, hardly plays due to injury and then leaves just as he's getting back to fitness. :smt017
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

G.K wrote:Not seen enough of him playing to really form a judgement. Find it odd though that we sign someone, hardly plays due to injury and then leaves just as he's getting back to fitness. :smt017
Not just injuries but also suspension. He comes back from suspension and is injured.
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

I love how he gets in the face of the opposition, always ready for the charge down and harries his opposite no. at scrum time. :smt003

Bit reckless on occasions, but wouldn't change his feisty nature at all.
johns
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by johns »

I hear he is off to join up with Ford at our South West retirement home, a bit young I know.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

johns wrote:I hear he is off to join up with Ford at our South West retirement home, a bit young I know.

Good pun :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Bath appear to be spending a lot of money this season, so far they are rumored to have signed Jonathon Joseph, Anthony Watson, George Ford, Mickey Young, Kieran Brookes and Toby Faletau and they are just the ones I can remember of the top of my head
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

Bath appear to be spending a lot of money this season, so far they are rumored to have signed Jonathon Joseph, Anthony Watson, George Ford, Mickey Young, Kieran Brookes
I read somewhere that Bath's policy moving forward was going to be mostly investing in promising young English players and try to help them kick on to the next level. It's probably not as expensive as it looks on first viewing but more a case of you scratch my back (give me game time) and I'll scratch yours (I won't break the bank). Obviously looking to add some beef in there with players such as Faletau.
Last edited by The Boy Dave on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheery chappy
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

IMO opinion a big mistake - a really talented SH. If he was moving to a favoured club (e.g. Glaws, Quins) he would be back in England's plans.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

IMO opinion a big mistake - a really talented SH. If he was moving to a favoured club (e.g. Glaws, Quins) he would be back in England's plans
It's all risk though isn't it as it is so competitive. The players listed above most probably feel as though they are in limbo sometimes and simply need a fresh start. There is a lot in front of them and there is undoubtedly a lot of younger English talent around the fringes all around the country. Bath need a good clear out and it's a question of timing in most cases. They are not in a position to demand the earth but still have big potential.
BTW did you mean a mistake by Young or a mistake by Tigers?
Cheery chappy