England v Scotland

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: England v Scotland

Post by LE18 »

Really wish Crane would stay on his feet a bit more, it seems to me his first instinct is always to go to ground.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

LE18 wrote:Really wish Crane would stay on his feet a bit more, it seems to me his first instinct is always to go to ground.
That's the Tigers way :smt002 Kitchener was immense and very impressed by both Daly and Frazer.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Disagree, TTTE, makes ground before anything happens to him, or tries to offload, this is what makes him so much better than Crane.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The backs were awful, thought Daly made a lot of bad decisions and ran into heavy traffic too often. Ford was poor, Simpson had a good cameo, Crane was dull, Buchanan looked a good prospect, both locks were good.
Ref was from :censored: City. He was called Dudley, which is an insult to the dump a few miles from us.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Young Mr Heathcote taught Ford a lesson today. I'd take Heathcote in a swap if Bath were open to it. When we face Bath Ford will struggle because of his size and we will target that. It is also obvious to see that we have to make a large adjustment to shield Ford from the other teams big players. Heathcote seems stronger in defence.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Schadenfreude. The Bath forum already discussing the need for Donald to stay next season as Ford not ready to be frontline 10, Heathcote looks more promising, Ford will only be picked due to Nepotism.
With apologies to the ad men at Man City, "welcome to Bath, George"
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bet the 36 supports come roaring in now
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

LE18 wrote:Bet the 36 supports come roaring in now
And so they should.
I can swallow my prejudice and say Farrell was superb, perhaps some of the anti-12T brigade can swallow theirs and admit how well he took to international rugby!
Some hope....... :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

PS moderators can you meld the last couple of posts here to the 6N thread?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

England came good eventually but we made some stupid mistakes,can only get slicker. Scotland were a bit more than the usual valiant losers,held their own in the set pieces better than I expected and took their tries.
England next week in Dublin will tell us where we are.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Usual rusty start from England, but the result was never in doubt (fortunately :smt002 ).

I thought 12trees played very well in attack and didn't notice any issues in defence .... if Manu is fit for next week, then SL now has a choice to make on who misses out - Barritt ?

Mike Brown had a superb game - the one call where I disagreed with SL before the game (I thought Foden should start) - now I'm thinking Alex Goode's place is more under threat from Foden than Brown's is (still don't see the point of Strettle in the 23).

Cole, T Youngs & Parling went well in the pack and Ben Youngs was superb (box kicking aside) - though Care went well too when he came on.

Toby didn't really get a look in today and I have to admit that the Fazlet distributed and place kicked well - he doesn't threaten the gain line like Toby does (as 9m made from 5 carries shows) but he'll start again next week I'm sure.

I was surprised with Haskell's contribution from the bench - he was huge defensively. Only downside today was loosehead - Marler made no impact in the loose and the scrum was struggling at times.

Scotland did okay but I still expect them to come 5th this year - although Wales may yet prove me wrong !
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Flood could really thrive in this England side, but you can't drop Farrell after that showing.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think Jay C is right that Marler is a potential weakness at loose head although the Scotland scrum only really survived because the ref let them get away with a lot.

Corbisiero's injured and that is a problem - the other loose heads are still very young.

Well played to all the Tigers in the England side. OK it was only Scotland, but it was a Scotland side that were up for it.
Ireland in Dublin will be a bigger challenge. A fit Manu might well go a long way to bagging a Lions place.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Lets all be man enough to recognise excellence when we see it. Farrell had a superb game today and was 1 of 2 contenders for MOM. I think , as usual Brian Moore got it wrong though, Chris Robshaw was immese and certianly pipped Farrell to the award IMHO.
Good performances from all Tigers and I thought BY box kicking was much improved.
I really do think that that a 36/Manu midfield combo will be very exciting as it was for the Saxons 3 seasons ago.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Jay C wrote:Mike Brown had a superb game - the one call where I disagreed with SL before the game (I thought Foden should start) - now I'm thinking Alex Goode's place is more under threat from Foden than Brown's is (still don't see the point of Strettle in the 23).
No he didn't - his kicking and choice of options were poor and he was a liability today. Led directly to the first try. Yes he has pace and a threat in attacck but that is not enough at this level. Seems to me he's trying to play wing like a full back.

I also thought Goode was poor and again some poor decision making from him.

Foden should come back into the running (if you'll forgive the pun).
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.