Manu Tuilagi, What a Gent.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BarmyBamford

Manu Tuilagi, What a Gent.

Post by BarmyBamford »

Late, for various reasons and the game has started, I'm jogging down the hill opposite the cemetery when a car pulls up, the door pops open and " Hop in you need a lift ".
In I hop and get taken directly into the car park by young master Tuilagi. Many thanks, Manu.http://forum.leicestertigers.com/posting.php#

Only problem now is how late do I have to be to have a repeat trip or try to collect the team.

PS if Manu could be in trouble for being late himself I'll say this was a fantasy that never happened.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi, What a Gent.

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Wouldn't imagine that you'd get many wendyballers doing the same. Good on him.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

wendyballers wouldn't be able to see through the limo tints lol
cheers
Rich
Off Piste Tiger

Post by Off Piste Tiger »

Top class bloke.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Very nice of him to do this speaks volumes. How was his foot?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

Accelerator or braking foot ? both seemed fine.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

He is running but not changing direction yet. Lancaster says that he will be changing direction by next Thursday and will be playing on Saturday. Cockers have a word with Lancaster will you. Don't let them break Manu.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

Alex never changed direction.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

Reminds me of a story an elderly supporter told me a few years back. He was standing at a bus stop heading for a match when a big car pulled up, the window was wound down, and Ben Kay offered and gave him a lift to the ground.

Another top bloke IMO, but fair play to Manu. You sometimes wonder whether some of the younger players might slip into precious footballer behaviour, so this is nice to see.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I'm not a football fan but why does someone saying that Manu is a good bloke have to start a load football player bashing. It really does make people sound like stuck up idiots.

Good work Manu though, top bloke.
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

ads wrote:I'm not a football fan but why does someone saying that Manu is a good bloke have to start a load football player bashing. It really does make people sound like stuck up idiots.

Good work Manu though, top bloke.
Thanks for that. Just FYI I'm neither stuck up nor an idiot, regardless of what I might "sound like". Having watched a lot of football and seen the antics of some of the players in the press - which, although probably exaggerated, will still have some truth - and also having taught a couple of lads who were decent at school and then changed once the money came rolling in, I decided to offer my opinion. Why don't you offer up an argument to the contrary, rather than resort to the comments you made?
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Parkerd68 - My comments were not aimed at you soory if i offended you, but it is only the internet you know.

I just get sick of hearing the same comparisons between to totally different sports, It's a pointless argument that this thread had nothing to do with. But for some reason lots of rugby fans seem to just bash football at any given oportunity rather than just concentrating on the rugby.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

ads wrote: - but it is only the internet you know..
And this is the nub of the problem. People thinking that they can use (and abuse) such a powerful form of communication without a care in the world as they hide behind the anonymity of a username. I am tempted to insult you and then absolve myself by saying 'but hey, it's ONLY the internet'. Grow up.

Ooops, but hey, it's only the internet you know.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I agree, that to many people become straight speaking hard :censored: on the Internet as they call people names I'm sure they wouldn't dream of in the real world, stood at a bar or on the terraces.
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Also I was picked up by Neil Lennon in similar fashion many years ago so footballers can also be good lads.