Re: Toulon may move the game

Post by old one eye »

Nimes would be another option. 16,500 capacity
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

GT1 wrote:Why would Toulon want to move the match? They hardly need the money do they, Tigers won't take that many over there so enough tickets & minimum inconvenience for their fans.
But if 25% of the tickets (3750) have to be offered then I would imagine that 1000+ would be taken up so that is 1000 Toulon supporters not getting to their home game. Toulon may not need the money but as it is a professional business then anyone would be out of their mind not to take advantage of such a game and put a few more pennies into the coffers.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

[/quote] But if 25% of the tickets (3750) have to be offered then I would imagine that 1000+ would be taken up so that is 1000 Toulon supporters not getting to their home game. [/quote]

If we don't take the full allocation, then surely Leicester will return all unsold tickets thus giving Toulon supporters a chance to buy the remaining tickets.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

When Tigers had a similar problem with a home quarter final against Munster a few years ago te situation was aggravated by Heineken & ERC requiring a large quantity of tickets ( I believe about 2000) these were not from the visiting teams allocation.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Your assuming TC that they will all travel to another ground to watch the game. Why give up home advantage & p--- off your fans!
A bit of research shows Toulon v Montpellier 12,547
Toulon v Cardiff 13,509
Toulon v Sale 13,935
No doubt more will want to see the Tigers but those were the home attendances in the Hcup so far this season!!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

GT1 wrote:Your assuming TC that they will all travel to another ground to watch the game. Why give up home advantage & p--- off your fans!
A bit of research shows Toulon v Montpellier 12,547
Toulon v Cardiff 13,509
Toulon v Sale 13,935
No doubt more will want to see the Tigers but those were the home attendances in the Hcup so far this season!!
I'm not sure that home advantage will be lost by moving the game to another (close by) stadium as it is a English club going to France? I would be p---ed off if I was an ST holder and could not get a ticket because 1000+ had been given to the other club. What if the Tigers did take the whole option? In Dublin against Leinster the Tigers had around 4800 there. Now that was a great day when we made more noise that the Leinster fans and won.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

It's possible but highly unlikely that we will have more than your 1000 there!
I was at the old LR that day & many fans popped over just for the day, Dublin is much easier to get to than Toulon after all.
We will know soon enough (Thurs)