Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Re: Ford to Bath and other reports

Post by Phil B »

bluntiger wrote:
Phil B wrote:So if he ends up going to Bath, may I assume that talks will have started in March, or am I to think that I am being fed horse :censored: ?
How does it taste?

Horseradish I like better.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Guess it's press day at Oval Park, Martin Crowson just tweeted this:
Richard Cockerill "George Ford does not want to play for this club next season. That's it. We move on."
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

The taste just got worse
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

Well if he (Ford) does not want to play for the club next season i can't see him getting much game time for the rest of this season
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

IMO George Ford would not tell Tigers that he wanted to move on unless he was clear about where he was going to. I would put money that he will be at Bath next year and that it is already a done deal.
Always a Tiger
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Sadly I am a bit late this this string but here are my thoughts...

Assuming GF does leave, the question I would want answering is simply 'who is responsible for his complete loss of form this season'? He looked an excellent prospect last year but I can't remember a good game from him this season. At times his place kicking has been worse than some of those entering the half-time Tigers 'drop goal challenge'.

Of course, I abide by 'form is temporary, class is permanent' viewpoint, but does anyone really know where GF will be in 3-5 years? He could be an England regular with Lions credentials or a very average Premiership player. Only time will tell.

But to repeat - why the complete recent loss of form and confidence?
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Ask the coaches.
A life long Tiger
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

bluntiger wrote:IMO George Ford would not tell Tigers that he wanted to move on unless he was clear about where he was going to. I would put money that he will be at Bath next year and that it is already a done deal.
I totally agree, he would not stick his neck out this far without the knowledge that he had something lined up and as no other club can speak to him, it must be daddy
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Martin Crowson has just tweeted the following quotes from RC

Cockerill "The advice George Ford was getting from his father and his agent was that he needs to leave and be playing every week."

AND

Cockerill "George Ford does not want to play for this club next season. That's it. We move on.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

bluntiger wrote:I would put money that he will be at Bath next year and that it is already a done deal.
I'm not saying you're wrong but have a read of this. Let's see what happens in March.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BJ. wrote:
bluntiger wrote:I would put money that he will be at Bath next year and that it is already a done deal.
I'm not saying you're wrong but have a read of this. Let's see what happens in March.

Read my post above BJ ! RC has publicly stated GF does not want to play for Tigers next season!
Last edited by sapajo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

BJ. wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong but have a read of this. Let's see what happens in March.
I did read that BJ, but they have to say that to not be seen contravening the rules and being punished for doing so. The statement is just an exercise in backside-covering!
Always a Tiger
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I don't mind being rubbished over 12T and Ford, but the common factor is 'playing for his place'.
It is NOT a moral failing in the professional game (or indeed the amateur)to weigh gametime against ambition and to find gametime wanting. Neither player looks likely to permanently budge the incumbents favoured by the coaching team (for whatever reason, whether a good appraisal of ability or blind dislike) and they move to get more gametime. So many posters make it sound like cowardice - grow up!
Ford is clearly taking a gamble, like 12T or indeed so many of our recruits from Falcons etc., that they'll do better elsewhere.
For 12T this has turned out nice - he would never have got into the EPS if he had not got more gametime at Glos than with us (and proved as good as Burns when depping at 10). With Ford we will not know for the best part of a year or more.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I had a feeling this would be released by the club via their puppets this week if we won against Toulouse! Politics at it's very best. Survival of the most maipulative, deliver bad news whilst on a high!
Cheery chappy
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

bluntiger wrote:
BJ. wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong but have a read of this. Let's see what happens in March.
I did read that BJ, but they have to say that to not be seen contravening the rules and being punished for doing so. The statement is just an exercise in backside-covering!

That's being too kind in my book. If he ends up going to Bath, then I for one will assume that Gold's statement was somewhat lacking in the whole truth and nothing but the truth. There's too much going on here to think anything else.