Cole
Ayerza
Hawkins
Croft
Waldrom
Smith/Bowden
Harrison
Hamilton
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bundy

Re: Tigers v Toulouse

Post by Bundy »

For the importance of this game, Croft should only be in the squad if 100% fit and I suspect he is not so Slater should be in there :smt006
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

No place for Ford in your team Smurfs?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
leybournetiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by leybournetiger »

I would question the wisdom of selecting Deacs.
I appreciate his experience and history with the club but would suggest his actual input for the last few matches he has played has been minimal.
If he is being selected for his captaincy, I have witnessed little leadership or talking to the players following referee's remarks after infringements. On Sunday he missed tackles and does not offer the penetration offered by Parling or Kitchener to supplement the runs from the backs.
Toulouse is obviously a huge game but I would argue that 'experience' needs to be backed up by current form.
Would much rather see Murphy with the captaincy with Geoff and Kitch in the second row.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

Whatever the team that the coaches select, we as supporters, need to create the atmosphere in welford road that teams fear.

make as much noise as we can.

:smt026 :smt038 :smt041
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

old one eye wrote:Whatever the team that the coaches select, we as supporters, need to create the atmosphere in welford road that teams fear.

make as much noise as we can.
Agree 100% give them a yell for me will you please

COME ON YOU TIGERRRrrrrssss
:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I would go for the following team
1 Logo
2 Youngs
3 Castro
4 Deacon
5 Parling
6 Mafi
7 Salvi
8 Crane
9 Youngs
10 Flood
11 Tait
12 Allen
13 Manu/Smith
14 Morris
15 Murphy

Subs
Cole
Ayerza
Hawkins
Croft
Waldrom
Smith/Bowden
Harrison
Hamilton
Why, when you spent a lot of time trashing those who are concerned about coaching faults, do you feel qualified to put 'your' team up? Something that then leads to criticism of individuals?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

jgriffin wrote: Why, when you spent a lot of time trashing those who are concerned about coaching faults, do you feel qualified to put 'your' team up? Something that then leads to criticism of individuals?
Strange JG! This is a bit of a personal attack. I have never seen you make such a comment when others have started a similar thread about previous games. I am allowed to express my opinions am I not? I suppose only true supports like you are allowed to comment on coaches and players! Lighten up a bit, its only a game! :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We can at least have a debate about what we would do to increase our chances,have a debate. It is one of our most important games of the season so far this weekend, surely we all have an opinion on who we would speculate will be in the team?Most forums follow this tried and tested format.
I always thought one of the prime functions of this part of this messageboard was to discuss the team and it's performances.
Granted some are trying to use it for other agendas like trying to get the club to sack the coaches, but I doubt the club opened this forum to be used for anything as insiduous as that.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

tigerburnie wrote: I always thought one of the prime functions of this part of this messageboard was to discuss the team and it's performances.
Now you are really pushing it Burnie!!

I feel very lucky to be part of what is going to be a very special day at Welford Road this Sunday.
Last edited by kpb on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

kpbates wrote:
tigerburnie wrote: I always thought one of the prime functions of this part of this messageboard was to discuss the team and it's performances.
Now you are really pushing it Burnie!!
We don't have a tongue in cheek smiley face on here :smt002
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

It is worth noting that Toulouse's form hasn't been great recently either. This is a big shot to get a good result and top the group. But the players really need to front up and show us what they are capable of.

Just got a few of the last tickets left. Will be shouting myself horse for the boys!
:smt027
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Confused as to why you wouldn't start with Ayerza and Cole when the scrum wasn't as effective when they went off yesterday. If Stanko is fit I would be tempted to put him on the bench ahead of Castro and use Mulipola as rep. Tight head.
tigerinthestix
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerinthestix »

MJ Chairman wrote:Confused as to why you wouldn't start with Ayerza and Cole when the scrum wasn't as effective when they went off yesterday. If Stanko is fit I would be tempted to put him on the bench ahead of Castro and use Mulipola as rep. Tight head.
Agreed :smt023
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I'd start with Cole and Ayerza and I'd also be tempted to start Croft. Croft would allow Tigers to attack the Toulouse line-out and also his pace to the breakdown could be critical. I thought the Tigers back-row was too slow against Ospreys.