Tigers v Toulouse

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v Toulouse

Post by TigerAlex »

Padster wrote:Fantastic win by the Tigers against such a talanted club as Toulouse,well done the fans for actually getting to the match in such numbers and in such bad conditions, 'is it just me or has anyone else noticed' (Stuart Barnes take note) when Morris was going for the try line in the corner, he was tackled illegally, there was an american style body check tackle with no attempt to wrap the arms around, Castro was sin binned for similar against Worcester, should the call have been a penalty try ? and a yellow card, I have noticed a number of these tackles being adopted recently.
I thought that when I saw it. The Toulouse guy just threw himself at Morris's knees, arms by his side.
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Just been watching the replays and am afraid to say that, as I thought live, there was nothing wrong with Huguet's try: the ball just ricocheted off his leg and he scrambled over with it. Probably balanced out their other "try" which was probably good but simply couldn't be seen. Great gutsy performance from the boys -very proud of them. If we can finally manage to put everything together in April I believe that Toulon are beatable. Montpellier made them look ordinary. :smt031
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

(Ready to duck!)

I thought the backs showed some initiative with their play, and could well have scored a couple.

Well done MO'C!
Valhalla I am coming!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigergirl wrote:I believe that Toulon are beatable. Montpellier made them look ordinary. :smt031
Wasn't it a dead rubber for Toulon....but their near-ish neighbours and fellow countrymen were able to sneak in, probably at the expense of one of the Irish provinces? :smt002 :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

tigergirl wrote:Just been watching the replays and am afraid to say that, as I thought live, there was nothing wrong with Huguet's try: the ball just ricocheted off his leg and he scrambled over with it.
I've just watched it myself and on the balance of probablities it probably was, though I've seen SKY replay and replay such events time and time again....but not this one, seemed a bit strange.

Were you right on top of it tigergirl or do you have binoculars for eyes? :smt002

Fortunately it didn't affect the outcome. As for their other try.....wheel out the balance of probabilities again, I don't think it was, even after watching replays.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Both their 'tries' were well worked efforts.

The Picamoles one, I think Ben Youngs does brilliantly to get an arm under the ball - no try.

The other one we should have defended better, but no knock on for me - try !

Morris perhaps should have scored - and would have had another if he could've hung onto the ball - but their winger got in a challenge (legally for me) and saved the try by foruitously having his trailing leg in just the right spot to knock the ball out of Morris' hand as he stretched for the line.

Crane and Deacon had their best games of the season for me - the whole pack did really well and our defensive line was good too.

Floody was under pressure with the kicks - YBY did much better with his kicks I thought - but their kick chase was WAY better than ours and showed how it can be an effective ploy if chased well.

I can understand Toulouse upset at not winning that game, but they only have themselves (well, their kickers) to blame for that ! Best team on the day won out - but it was mighty close (I haven't shouted that much at a game for ages!).

A massive "well done" to Tigers for gutsing it out - now lets work on our attacking game, ready for Toulon :smt023
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I do hope that those who go to games and don't like to have people yelling in their ears were not too disturbed by the atmosphere - it appeared that even the CAT Stand had been infiltrated and was making plenty of noise!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I took my two grandsons to their first game on sunday and sat in the CAT stand instead of the Crumbie terrace, as is normal. Although we shouted ourselves hoarse, the ends of the stand have a strange lack of atmosphere, I am sure that in the centre, where the ST holders sit it must be better, as many around us were not regulars.
Give me the crowded, uncovered, loud crumbie terrace everytime.

PS I will have to have two more junior STs for the Crumbie for next season.
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
tigergirl wrote:I believe that Toulon are beatable. Montpellier made them look ordinary. :smt031
Wasn't it a dead rubber for Toulon....but their near-ish neighbours and fellow countrymen were able to sneak in, probably at the expense of one of the Irish provinces? :smt002 :smt002
Toulon may have already been guarenteed a quarter-final before round 6 but that was only as a runner-up, they needed a point to guarentee it from their last match (which they didn't get) but if Montpellier won with a bonus point they would have won the group on trys scored.

As it was Toulon got nothing, but kept Montpellier down to only 2 tries and other results went their way giving them a home QF.
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God