Tigers v Toulouse

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Toulouse

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

WiganTiger wrote:Just got back to Lowton from the match. As I was stood on the Crumbie at the Goldsmith Alliance and Leicester or whatever it's called stand, and the whole game was played at the other end, can someone please tell me what happened?
We won! :smt023
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:First thought in live watch was its a try, but then seeing replays on TV its a knock on!!
Standing on the Crumbie, about half-way line at the back, it was clearly a knock-on and we shouted for it at the time.

Shocked that a try was given it was so obvious. AR should hang his head in shame, awful decision.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Feel the ref and lino had snow in their eyes during the knock on!
Will we ever cross the whitwash? with all the possession we had early on in the 2nd half we should have scored......and why oh why did Thompstone kick when a 2 on 1 with Bubbles on an easy run to the line!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:Feel the ref and lino had snow in their eyes during the knock on!
I had snow in my eyes too Wiggo and it was still clearly a knock-on. Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.

Their kicker(s) saw to that :smt002 :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
WiggoTiger wrote:First thought in live watch was its a try, but then seeing replays on TV its a knock on!!
Standing on the Crumbie, about half-way line at the back, it was clearly a knock-on and we shouted for it at the time.

Shocked that a try was given it was so obvious. AR should hang his head in shame, awful decision.

As much as I dislike AR it is Clancy who managed to truly stuff this one up :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:

As much as I dislike AR it is Clancy who managed to truly stuff this one up :smt013
I haven't watched the match back yet but it looked like the AR intervened and when asked by Clancy affirmed there was no offence (incorrectly) and Clancy went with his advice.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I would like to say well done to the ground staff, the fans and the whole team. Everyone fronted up and showed true Tigers spirit. The picky might say we were lucky etc etc but we stuck to the task and won. All the players put in a fantastic effort and a big up to Louis Deacon because he was coming in for flax with some people suggesting he should be left out completely. There were mistakes but we played our hearts out.

It's knockout Rugby from now on and 3 away wins will see us lift the HC. Statistically we face an uphill task but that's how we like it - bring it on :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:It's knockout Rugby from now on and 3 away wins will see us lift the HC. Statistically we face an uphill task but that's how we like it - bring it on :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
It was knockout rugby today Smurphs, so by that token we have stolen the march on the other teams as we have an extra match experience :smt002 :smt003
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

WhitecapTiger wrote:

At the match, it was clearly a knock on . Just watched the reply , clearly a knock on. What the AR and Clancy saw I'll never know. That said it took him until halftime to start penalising the props.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

daktari wrote: At the match, it was clearly a knock on . Just watched the reply , clearly a knock on. What the AR and Clancy saw I'll never know. That said it took him until halftime to start penalising the props.
Seem to get more free kicks for early engages these days than for the actual offences when the scrum forms. Wonder if it's just a kop out from the refs so that they don't have to make a decision on an area that they know nothing about?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

daktari wrote: That said it took him until halftime to start penalising the props.
Census Johnston did/does not, will not or can not bind properly. He may be a big Unit but if he fails to fulfill one of the main parts of his trade what use is he?

A bit like his brother JJ at Quins, IMO of course.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

WhitecapTiger wrote:
daktari wrote: That said it took him until halftime to start penalising the props.
Census Johnston did/does not, will not or can not bind properly. He may be a big Unit but if he fails to fulfill one of the main parts of his trade what use is he?

A bit like his brother JJ at Quins, IMO of course.
Same with his colleague on the other side....and then the other poor buggar who managed two scrums and then went off with a popped rib or something. Still, bet he's not on bad money for three minutes work!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I notice Bill has not yet been on here to call for the coaches heads after another dire performance where we were lucky and should not have won. Or is it because Bill confidently predicted that we would not make it out of the pool, I think he said I was clutching at straws. :smt003 :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:I notice Bill has not yet been on here to call for the coaches heads after another dire performance where we were lucky and should not have won. Or is it because Bill confidently predicted that we would not make it out of the pool, I think he said I was clutching at straws. :smt003 :smt003
It's always interesting after a big win that the Mikes / Bill W's / G's etc go very quiet.........
Less is more....
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

Loved Toby's jump and fist pump after he nailed the penalty from the half way line, and his sprint to get on to the defences line after his sin bin. Passion and determination.