Tigers v Toulouse

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Toulouse

Post by Hull Fan »

Brianf wrote:...Thierry Dusatoir believes Toulouse was the better team...

http://sport.howzit.msn.com/rugby/news/ ... 2/13-01-21
What can't speak can't lie Thierry, 9 - 5, is all that counts matey!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Brianf wrote:...Thierry Dusatoir believes Toulouse was the better team...

http://sport.howzit.msn.com/rugby/news/ ... 2/13-01-21
They may have been the better team but the comments are all about ifs and buts. The truth lies in the scoreline.

Tigers 9 Toulouse 5

Just wish that they could have shown the sportsmanship of champions. Very embarrassing for the club and its supporters who had travelled.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Stupid wrote:
Smudge wrote: As for their try, the camera angles didn't prove it one way or the other which is why the commentary team didn't pronounce on it in the way that the supporters have.
Unless I'm mistaken before the TMO gave the result they started gathering ready for a scrum rather than getting back for a kick - which is rather telling in my view.
I may be wrong (still haven't been able to watch it back) but I don't think the TMO had any input on their try as far as I'm aware, or did he? happy to be corrected.

Clancy appeared to consult Assistant who appeared to confirm (wrongly IMO) a try, Clancy awarded the try.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:If their misses were an act of God then at least he's a supporter who is happy with the result.
:smt003 :smt005

Quality Smurphs :smt023
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Thierry dusautoir from the quoted article:

“Our elimination was not just down to today, if we had always played like that we would have easily finished first."

:smt017 So, if you'd lost all of your games 9-5 you'd have finished first eh Thierry??

Bizarre French logic. :smt002
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

He was right that their elimination wasn't just down to losing at Tigers - their loss at Ospreys was their real killer. However, it's all "if and buts" again.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Toulouse were the "better side" but they lost!

Sometimes I walk away from a game saying "We really stuffed 'em today". Sometimes you think "We just beat 'em but we desrved it." Lately (Gloucester, Worcester, Ospreys and Toulouse.) I've been saying "I've got no idea how we got away with that......but we did!"

Toulouse and Ospreys must be thinking "How did we chuck that away?"

To those to whom the result is everything beware! We are treading a fine line. But then again fortune seems to be favouring the brave and the gutsy...........Just hope my life insurance does not develop an exclusion clause for Tigers fans. I can't take much more of this.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I woke up this morning and dicovered it was not a dream! Actually it took until knocking off time and the gaffer uttered "You were lucky yesterday!" through clenched teeth for it to sink in.

"How did the Ospreys do?" I quipped.

Rizzo won't let me put his response on here.

The spirit of 97 was there. If not the scoreline.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:Toulouse were the "better side" but they lost!

Sometimes I walk away from a game saying "We really stuffed 'em today". Sometimes you think "We just beat 'em but we desrved it." Lately (Gloucester, Worcester, Ospreys and Toulouse.) I've been saying "I've got no idea how we got away with that......but we did!"

Toulouse and Ospreys must be thinking "How did we chuck that away?"

To those to whom the result is everything beware! We are treading a fine line. But then again fortune seems to be favouring the brave and the gutsy...........Just hope my life insurance does not develop an exclusion clause for Tigers fans. I can't take much more of this.
:smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Just so Big Dai. But we have lived to fight another day!!
Still keeping the faith!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote:To those to whom the result is everything beware!
The result is not everything, but would Toulouse not have exchanged some of their 'gloss' for the result on the day.

I think, they would, and whoever offered it to them would have had no arms left.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

It's quite simple Big Dai life is not fair sometimes. How did we get away with it, simple we took our opportunities and they didn't. Life's a funny thing, sometimes I think why wasn't I lucky enough to have a bigger appendage and other times I think for an ordinary looking guy I pulled a good looking wife.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:

It's quite simple Big Dai life is not fair sometimes. How did we get away with it, simple we took our opportunities and they didn't. Life's a funny thing, sometimes I think why wasn't I lucky enough to have a bigger appendage and other times I think for an ordinary looking guy I pulled a good looking wife.
............To continue you metaphor (Hands on Ears Rizzo) I think our appendage is big enough..............we're just firing a few too many blanks!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Big Dai wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:

............To continue you metaphor (Hands on Ears Rizzo) I think our appendage is big enough..............we're just firing a few too many blanks!
Agreed :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

Well I've just seen the highlights at last, and feel the conditions looked even worse on TV than they did at the ground.
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Padster

Post by Padster »

Fantastic win by the Tigers against such a talanted club as Toulouse,well done the fans for actually getting to the match in such numbers and in such bad conditions, 'is it just me or has anyone else noticed' (Stuart Barnes take note) when Morris was going for the try line in the corner, he was tackled illegally, there was an american style body check tackle with no attempt to wrap the arms around, Castro was sin binned for similar against Worcester, should the call have been a penalty try ? and a yellow card, I have noticed a number of these tackles being adopted recently.
Now why cant I change my age by Deed Poll??????