Post by fleabane »

Valhalla I am coming!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockers to Argentina?

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Cockers won't be in the mix then? :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Maybe Cockers could start picking average players he has known since the age of 14. Is his son old enough for a call up??

I doubt Cockers would want to go and I doubt Lancaster would want him!! In terms of a forwards coach, I would go with Kingston at Quins but Baxter or West would be good too, not convinced by Booth. Gustard for defence coach! Sarries can normally defend, yesterday was an exception.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

PM76 wrote:Maybe Cockers could start picking average players he has known since the age of 14. Is his son old enough for a call up??

I doubt Cockers would want to go and I doubt Lancaster would want him!! In terms of a forwards coach, I would go with Kingston at Quins but Baxter or West would be good too, not convinced by Booth. Gustard for defence coach! Sarries can normally defend, yesterday was an exception.
The article says it would not be coaches from premiership play off teams so it would probably rule out likes of Kingston and Gustard.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
PM76
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by PM76 »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
PM76 wrote:Maybe Cockers could start picking average players he has known since the age of 14. Is his son old enough for a call up??

The article says it would not be coaches from premiership play off teams so it would probably rule out likes of Kingston and Gustard.
Sorry, should have read the whole article, Baxter is definitely the best option then, not sure about a defence coach though!!
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Slancaster could do a lot worse than Rob Baxter to hold his hand, not entirely sure what it is Booth's done recently to earn a seat on the plane though.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Worcester's defence coach Phil Larder could be an option. Been with England before and didn't do a bad job!
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

May not go ahead anyway if the Falklands keeps getting ratcheted up due to the referendum in March.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

I think you have put your finger on why Ms Cristina Fernández de Kirchner is ramping things up - fear of losing the rugby, so trying to get it abandoned! :smt002

(Remember the last Falklands War. I hope there is no repeat)
Valhalla I am coming!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

She is bankrupt too.